Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl would you date a guy who is.. Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Girls would you dat a guy who is younger than you?
    Yes
    61.76%
    No
    38.24%

ReputationRep:
    Just a question I'm abit curious about..

Girls would you ever date a guy younger than you?

If you would how many years on average would be your maximum?

I know this is all subjective and different for each girl but just interested in the direction it will go in.

ReputationRep:
    no younger than same academic year I suppose?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would have said no, but now I'm at uni in Scotland and there are quite a few people who are younger than me because you can go to uni when 17 in Scotland. I guess for me it's more I wouldn't date someone who is still at 6th form, so it's more life experience than age per se.

ReputationRep:
    It's rare for young girls, but you do find that the older women get (reaching 30's and 40's) more and more of them go out with younger guys

ReputationRep:
    But like whats wrong with a 22 year old girl and 20 year old guy going out for example..

ReputationRep:
    i think its just a mental thing, as growing up girls are generally more mature than guys, so the idea that younger guys are less mature just sticks (: the youngest person i have ever been with has still been 1 month older than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmJtr)
    But like whats wrong with a 22 year old girl and 20 year old guy going out for example..
    Nothing's wrong with that, I guess after the age of 20 it doesn't matter as much as in your teens - for example, I'm 19 and probably wouldn't date a 16 year old guy, because there's too much difference in the levels of maturity, life experiences and the way you form your own perspectives as you grow up. Of course the differences might exist even after the age of 20, but I think it's safe to say that in general this is the 'limit'. However, it would probably still be odd if a 38 year old woman dated a 20 year old student. Mind you, I believe there's nothing wrong with that, if that's what both parties are looking for, just a bit odd for our society's standards.

The oddity of the fact that a girl is older than a boy decreases with years, really. I mean, it kind of is weird (again, not wrong, just a bit weird, or let's say, noticeable) if a 17 year old girl dates a guy who is 4 years younger than her, but it's not really that weird if a 44 year old woman dates a 40 year old man, you know?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 18 (ten months younger than me).

ReputationRep:
    yes, but i probably wouldn't date anyone a year or more younger than me :nah:

ReputationRep:
    It would depend on the guy in question, but most likely not.

When I'm older, I might. I think most men generally look at their best between 25 and 35, so if I happen to be single when I'm like 30+, I'd totally date someone younger lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... I voted yes because I don't actually see it as much of a problem... However, I'm in my first year at uni... I'm one of the younger ones in the year group (my birthday is in May and the cut off point is June I think, very few people in my year were younger than me!!) so for me to date a younger guy, he would either be only like a month younger which has very lttle significance, or like an academic year younger which s a bit dodgey because he'd still be in highschool :/

ReputationRep:
    No I prefer my men much older than I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GfscmQoqaE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    http://www.mattsif.com/funny/pedo-bear.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Yes, probably. But like 1-2 years.

I'm 19, almost 20. And I couldn't imagine dating a 16 year old etc. There is simply too much difference, and 16 feels like a decade ago .

ReputationRep:
    Well I wouldn't rule out dating a guy just because of his age, but I don't think it's that likely, I've always dated older guys. I suppose at uni most of the guys in my year are a year younger than me and plenty of them are dateable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia(:)
    as growing up girls are generally more mature than guys
    Lots of girls say this. I've never seen any reason to think it's actually true, it's just that girls seem to think they're more mature than guys. Certainly when I did some work in a school in my final year of Uni, I found all the 13-16 year old girls to be just as immature as the lads (but naturally, they tried to act like they were 25 of course... maybe that's what it is)

ReputationRep:
    Take your own advice.

ReputationRep:
    Only a year younger and he'd have to be really mature. I don't think I could if it was an academic year apart. I'm October born and I wouldn't have an issue with an August born if they were in my year but a year younger is sort of weird...They just don't have the same life experience and knowledge as you e.g. they might just be going through GCSEs and not understand why AS Levels are so much different, etc. To be honest, I really don't think young guys act as mature as young girls which is why girls tend to go for older.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps, it would really depend on the guy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.