This discussion is closed.
italianmark
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
has anyone heard from bath? (not bath spa) i have applied to study european studies, french and italian. is anyone there now who can offer info on accommodation quality etc? in what ways is it better and worse than warwick?
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by italianmark)
has anyone heard from bath? (not bath spa) i have applied to study european studies, french and italian. is anyone there now who can offer info on accommodation quality etc? in what ways is it better and worse than warwick?
well ive an offer from bath, but its for maths (AAA is the offer btw).

im going up for an open day in march tho...
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

i've got an offer for Business Administration and i'll be going to c the uni on an open day in march, i need to c the area and accomodation. Bath City is quite nice though. I guess its slightly livelier than Warwick.....but i think Warwick is more modern.........i'm not sure about your European Studies course.....but my course at Bath offers me two 6month work placements which is probably more useful than Warwick's 3yr course.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)

Any idea why the offer is AAA?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
i find it really strange in general y Bath offers r so high....i know its a good uni but in comparison with the even better ones.....I mean Business Admin typical offers r AAA.........but Bath offered me AAB. Nottinghams typical offers r only ABB and warwick AAB......even LSE is ABB (but everyone knows its hard to get in there). Do u think it's because they're oversubscribed or something?!
italianmark
(Original post by kikzen)

offer seems a bit tough, what are u predicted? did you get an invitation letter for the open day where you had to write your candidate number- do you think they will look at this to see who is keener to see the uni and improve chances of getting an offer?! would it be a good idea to phone up to ask when i should expect to get a reply?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
offer seems a bit tough, what are u predicted? did you get an invitation letter for the open day where you had to write your candidate number- do you think they will look at this to see who is keener to see the uni and improve chances of getting an offer?! would it be a good idea to phone up to ask when i should expect to get a reply?
hey i know ur not talkin to me......but when i received letter from Bath inviting to open day it mentioned nothing about being accepted....however i decided to ring them and ask y they've invited me....and they said it's cos i have offer....but not on UCAS yet.......it took a couple of weeks later till it came up on UCAS as far as i remember.......so i'm assuming u've been made an offer too. when did u receive the letter?!
italianmark
(Original post by wonkey)
hey i know ur not talkin to me......but when i received letter from Bath inviting to open day it mentioned nothing about being accepted....however i decided to ring them and ask y they've invited me....and they said it's cos i have offer....but not on UCAS yet.......it took a couple of weeks later till it came up on UCAS as far as i remember.......so i'm assuming u've been made an offer too. when did u receive the letter?!
ah ok thanks, i only got the letter on saturday so maybe an offer will appear on ucas soon... funny how they dont say on the letter that you have an offer though! what are u studying?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ah ok thanks, i only got the letter on saturday so maybe an offer will appear on ucas soon... funny how they dont say on the letter that you have an offer though! what are u studying?
business administration
currency_westlake
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
By any chance, is that you MARK GRASSI (italian mark!)

It's the 'Hitch-meister general' here!
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I presume you mean for Maths.

Last year Maths at Bath was so competitive that they simply had to up their offer to cope with the volume of applicants.

(Just had my Number Theory exam - it was tough)
italianmark
(Original post by wonkey)
yep thanks, i have indeed now received an offer.. ABB... is it true u can take up japanese?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Most people I know got AAB offers from Bath for Maths, though maybe you chose to not interview and get their standard offer?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yep thanks, i have indeed now received an offer.. ABB... is it true u can take up japanese?
hey well done, yeah it is true u can take up languages, i think japanese is on the list but only beginners level. theres mandarin aswell.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can do:

Mandarin
Japanese
Italian
French
German
Spanish

at various levels.

I started doing advanced German, but it was too much on top of my other work, so I gave up.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Most people I know got AAB offers from Bath for Maths, though maybe you chose to not interview and get their standard offer?

AAA - w/o Further Maths.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
AAA - w/o Further Maths.
Gotcha.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Gotcha.
I know you are going to put Trinity as your firm (like I did :rolleyes: ), but you should really consider putting Bath as your second offer. We have (apparently) the best Maths Dept. in the country, and being here only backs up that claim. The course is very traditional and very stimulating. You would thrive here.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I know you are going to put Trinity as your firm (like I did :rolleyes: ), but you should really consider putting Bath as your second offer. We have (apparently) the best Maths Dept. in the country, and being here only backs up that claim. The course is very traditional and very stimulating. You would thrive here.
Nah not trinity. Clare. But yeah, I am putting alot of thought into my insurance, either Warwick or Bath. Though I'll be honest I'm leaning towards Warwick at the moment, that changes everyday though. Perhaps you wanna tell me some more about the teaching at Bath? Testing? etc. I liked the bath accomodation. The guy who was showing us around was a bit of a prick though to be honest, had a few digs at a few different people, and they just didn't find him funny :P Wasn't a maths student though. Bath is also really far from me, and it was such a pain trying to sort out trains.
suiken86
Report 16 years ago
yea it'd b great if u can tell us more about accomodation, teaching, campus life, night life, etc is to there at BATH . cus im probably gona make bath my firm choice !

thx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (151)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.44%
No- I want it (69)
27.82%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.85%

Watched Threads