This discussion is closed.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Nah not trinity. Clare. But yeah, I am putting alot of thought into my insurance, either Warwick or Bath. Though I'll be honest I'm leaning towards Warwick at the moment, that changes everyday though. Perhaps you wanna tell me some more about the teaching at Bath? Testing? etc. I liked the bath accomodation. The guy who was showing us around was a bit of a prick though to be honest, had a few digs at a few different people, and they just didn't find him funny :P Wasn't a maths student though. Bath is also really far from me, and it was such a pain trying to sort out trains.
The teaching at Bath is good. The lecturers are committed, very accessible and certainly know what they're talking about and can explain it well. There is a new exam format which I like (on every exam, I believe):

Section A:

Shorter questions, testing knowledge material covered and remembering/applying proofs

Section B:

Longer, more involved questions, testing understanding of material covered.

There is a good web-access system at Bath. You can access the notes etc. on nearly every unit (bar Number theory as Sanky prefers to teach from memory).

We get four problem sheets a week, one for each unit (apart from computing, for which there is coursework) which are dicussed in the tutorials.

Personal tutor checks up on your well-being and goes over any work you are finding particularly challenging.

If you have any more questions, let me know.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suiken86)
yea it'd b great if u can tell us more about accomodation, teaching, campus life, night life, etc is to there at BATH . cus im probably gona make bath my firm choice !

thx
Accomodation:

Five main accomodation areas:

Solsbury (V. nice)
Marlborough (V.nice)
Eastwood (ok in parts, but mostly not great)
Westwood (ok)
Norwood (slightly worse than Eastwood)

Campus Life:

There are three main bar areas on campus:

The Parade
The Plug
The Venue

Nightlife:

There are plenty of bars, clubs in Bath considering its size, but they can be expensive if visited on the wrong nights (e.g. non-student nights).

Teaching is obviously great at Bath, but I can only really comment for Maths.
burje-t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hi! I'm new to this forum (first post). I just chose to do MMath at Bath as my firm choice and would appreciate if you lot (especially bigcnee)could give me some more information about accomodation. Which parts in eastwood are ok? I'm thinking of applying for the eastwood flats (can't really afford sols and marlb.), have you had any experience on these? Where do you live yourself?

Cheers
Burje (from snowy Sweden)

(Original post by Bigcnee)
Accomodation:

Five main accomodation areas:

Solsbury (V. nice)
Marlborough (V.nice)
Eastwood (ok in parts, but mostly not great)
Westwood (ok)
Norwood (slightly worse than Eastwood)

Campus Life:

There are three main bar areas on campus:

The Parade
The Plug
The Venue

Nightlife:

There are plenty of bars, clubs in Bath considering its size, but they can be expensive if visited on the wrong nights (e.g. non-student nights).

Teaching is obviously great at Bath, but I can only really comment for Maths.
burje-t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by burje-t)
Hi! I'm new to this forum (first post). I just chose to do MMath at Bath as my firm choice and would appreciate if you lot (especially bigcnee)could give me some more information about accomodation. Which parts in eastwood are ok? I'm thinking of applying for the eastwood flats (can't really afford sols and marlb.), have you had any experience on these? Where do you live yourself?

Cheers
Burje (from snowy Sweden)
I live in Solsbury, and it is nice and new (bar a few teething problems). Eastwood is really a mixed hat. The new parts are second in quality to only Marlborough and Solsbury, but the old parts are amongst the worst in the University. I presume that it is just the luck of the draw, so I can't really advise much else. You might want to try Norwood. It isn't that great, but it is cheap, and more consistent than Eastwood.
I think I'd go for Eastwood, though.
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i got an AAAB offer from bath for psychology, seems a lovely campus and city but i preffered the course at edinburgh better.
whitewitch
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ive got an offer for natsci at bath AAA so not too bad. have put it as my insurance though but I wouldn't mind ending up there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (5)
50%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
10%
No- I want it (3)
30%
No- I don't want it (1)
10%

Watched Threads