Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a tooth disaster, but it's not an emergency per sé (doesn't hurt, it's just annoying-a bit of one of my back molars has broken off, I think due to the wisdom tooth pushing in behind it) so emergency dental treatment not needed, but clearly the time has come to register with a dentist and see what can be done about it.

Going home and getting it sorted is not an option so it has to be in Cardiff.

But I have no idea where to go. All the directories etc (even the NHS website one) don't always say if they're accepting NHS patients or sometimes have dentists down that don't work there any more etc, so it's impossible to tell which, if any of them, are up to date.

I've heard a few times people mentioning you can register at the dental school. But no one's said actually how you go about this. :confused:

Would really appreciate a little help please.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody? Somebody must know something about dentists in Cardiff.

I really need to get this sorted out (as I can see if I leave it might actually start causing more of a problem).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    Nobody? Somebody must know something about dentists in Cardiff.

I really need to get this sorted out (as I can see if I leave it might actually start causing more of a problem).
    Assuming you've already been through the list on the uni website, I'll ask my Heath Campus-based housemates about it when they get back tonight!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the uni health centre (on Park Place, between the Union and the gym) and get a list of dentists from there. The staff should be able to recommend good ones to go to, but you might find it hard to find an NHS one with spaces.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you get some help up at the dental school? They always need some willing guinea pigs to train on. :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.