Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would you react to a good friend deleting you on Facebook? Watch

How would you react if someone you consider to be a good friend deleted you on Facebook? Let's say you hadn't spoken in only like 5 months or something, not so huge, not massively distant. And then suddenly they delete you from their Facebook.

How would you respond to that? Would you take it personally? Would you message them, or would you just completely forget about them and take it they don't want to know you anymore?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care. Being a Facebook "friend" counts for nothing, that's part of the reason I stopped using it.

ReputationRep:
    I post **** threads on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook Friends =/= Friends

Hardly anyone seems to get that :/

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't really class someone I hadn't spoken to for as long as 5 months as a 'good friend' though it would be a bit odd to be deleted for no apparent reason even then

ReputationRep:
    Think: Wait..... there is one less person in my friends list....That utter *****!

ReputationRep:
    Slit my wrists.

ReputationRep:
    That they obviously don't consider you a good friend.

ReputationRep:
    If its a good/close friend.. i would have spoken them a lot, 5 months is a long time not to :/

..you shouldnt jump to any bad conclusions. Id just ask them.... if theyre your good friend, why would you hesitate to ask? (something could be up, so find out.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by When will I know?)
    If its a good/close friend.. i would have spoken them a lot, 5 months is a long time not to :/

..you shouldnt jump to any bad conclusions. Id just ask them.... if theyre your good friend, why would you hesitate to ask? (something could be up, so find out.)
    this

ReputationRep:
    haha...many of my "friends" deleted me from FB, don't particularly care that much...but they kinda let me know that we aren't really friends anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't even notice.

They could have de-activated their account, or cut their friends list right down to people they know really well. Don't take it personally; it's just a ****ty website.

ReputationRep:
    I'll commit suicide.

Wait, I don't even have facebook, so chances are pretty slim. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    "It doesn't matter it's only Facebook"

That's BS. Doesn't matter what it is, obviously something is going on, it's not the norm that friends just delete each other off their facebooks, so I'd suggest defo just slipping it in lightly in conversation... Also make sure they've actually deleted you and not deleted their own facebook... OR you could start talking to them again, if you say that you don't want to/can't be bothered then maybe there's the reason you've been deleted.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably just ask them straight off next time I saw them why they deleted me and go from there.

ReputationRep:
    It surprises me people notices this stuff!
    I'd only notice if it was a good friend; whose wall I frequently post on!

Btw five months is a long time OP.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't bother me really. How is someone a good friend if you haven't spoken to them for five months? If you've spoken to them outside of Facebook then there'd be a problem, but if you haven't physically spoken to them in that while, they might just assume that you don't want to be friends anymore?

ReputationRep:
    you haven't spoken in 5 months? I'd sure as hell speak to a good friend more often then that. If someone hadn't talked with me for 5 months I might remove them, though honestly If a good friend hadn't spoken to me for a while I'd initiate a conversation with them far before 5 months...maybe my definition of "good friend" is different then others..

I would kill him/her. Kill him/her I say!

Just move on, it shows that you weren't that close. Hang out with your real friends.

ReputationRep:
      I would be confused as to what I've done to be deleted. I'd probably add them again and say hey :p:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.