The Student Room Group

Excessive PDA

Hi,

So I'll try and make this as sort as I can. Me and my boyfriend are in our last year of high school. We've always been what I thought came across as verya ffectionate. But recently I had been getting the feeling from one of my best friends that she was uncomfortable with it and after a minor fall out she told me that she didn’t appreciate having to hear about him all the time. I understood and said I would make sure he was around less at lunch and break times and I would try not to mention him as much. I thought that was that.

But when I informed our other best friend as to what had happened just so she knew she said that all sounded fine but could I not try to keep off of him, as it was disgusting. I was hurt that she hadn’t told me she had a problem before, especially as I thought she knew how much honesty and openness meant to me. But more so I felt guilty as I do think we are over the top, especially for in school. She also said people have been speaking about us. I would have liked if she could have tool me this as I hate the thought but she said there was never a right time.

I just feel bad because I have always thought that we were just really affectionate, like holding hands and sitting with our arms round one another, and I guess just generally being kind of lovey, which I get must be hard to watch. But it was horrible to have it called disgusting.

I told her I would try to at least tone it down, if not pretty much stop, but it will be hard as I’m used to it and to be honest I don’t want to stop.

Really what I’m asking is if you have to put up with any overly PDA couples and what you think of it, or if you are one half of such a couple any issues you’ve had with other people over it.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending