Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hayder (:
    Right. So I'm bisexual. My boyfriend knows I am, and I think my mum does too,
    But I don't know if I should tell any of my friends or not.
    I have bought the topic up before, and they were funny about it so I decided I wouldn't tell them. I'm not sexually attracted to any my friends, but I don't think they would accept it, or they would act differently around me.
    Please help Thaankyou <3

ReputationRep:
    Why d'you have to announce it like some big thing? Why can't you keep your sexual preference to yourself most of the time? To me its like going round just announcing to the world 'hey, I have a preference for giving head'. You have a partner, and a male one at that. Show him some respect maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Why d'you have to announce it like some big thing? Why can't you keep your sexual preference to yourself most of the time? To me its like going round just announcing to the world 'hey, I have a preference for giving head'. You have a partner, and a male one at that. Show him some respect maybe.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Concerning Bisexuals I have two general principals:

Bi-Women = good
    Bi-Men = bad

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by, 'show him some respect maybe.' ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emarosa)
    If you were single then go ahead, announce it to the world. But you're with a partner. Whether you're straight or gay or bi, just quiet down on the sexual divulgence.

ReputationRep:
    If you were single then go ahead, announce it to the world. But you're with a partner. Whether you're straight or gay or bi, just quiet down on the sexual divulgence.
    I see what you mean (: Okayden. Thank you(:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emarosa)
    Don't go round touting your sexual preferences to the world when you've already got a lover who's perfectly happy with your sexuality anyway. Fair enough to let everyone else know if you're single and interested in getting with someone of the same sex so they know in advance, but no point in shouting it now for no reason. Boyfriend might feel a bit insecure too as he might think this sort of outburst means you're unhappy with him/interested in others...

But if you do decide to tell everyone it's no big deal, quite a lot of people nowadays are interested in both sexes so you shouldn't get anything more than a bit of gentle banter about it from friends!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.