Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, I know it's pretty late in the day to be asking this but my college has pretty badly fecked up with a lot of the ucas applications and as a result mine is getting sent off fairly late. However this has given me time to re-evaluate my uni choices, and despite having done a lot of research I'm still struggling to narrow it down to five. These are the five I've currently got down (Predicted A-Level grades ABB) :

1. Manchester (Optimistic option)
    2. Leicester
    3. Surrey
    4. UEA
    5. Nottingham Trent (Back-up)

Bare in mind this is hardly set in stone, and there are various others I'm having trouble ruling out, such as Reading, City Uni London, Sussex, Kent, and Royal Holloway.

Obviously there not as strong as others in terms of economics, but I'm already a year behind so to speak (re took my first year), so having another year at college in order to bump up my grades is not really an option.

So in terms of their respective economic departments, and employment opportunities, just how strong are these choices? Should I replace some of them with the others I have listed, or are there other uni's I should consider?

Thanks in advance.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    All are good institutions and I wouldn't really endorse any others because the differences in employability will be dependant on you and the opportunities you decide to take, such as a summer internship. I would have a look at the course and see which ones offer you more in the area you're interested in. In terms of their departments, this is rather negligible since the research taken at institution's rarely affects undergrad courses.

ReputationRep:
    Come to birmingham, it's sick

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.