Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I'm applying for English at York, Warwick, Nottingham, Lancaster and Loughborough, and I took my A levels last year.

As I was, when choosing my A level subjects, planning on a different degree, I chose English Lit, Art and Design, Psychology and Spanish, dropping Spanish in AS, in which I got an A. I then got A* A* A, (A in Psych), but will the fact that that my subjects aren't more history/ geography etc based harm my application if I have a good PS and reference? (9A* 2A at GCSE).

Not sure if I'm worrying more than I need to, or if I'm screwed >< advice appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ they'll most likely rip your arm off in their haste to take you in with those results. You worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. I have English Lit, Politics and Maths and I have an offer or two for English

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Fine Art, Film Studies and English Literature. P: You think you're worried. You're fine, relax and good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.