Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the best way you've been asked out? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A happier version of the "what's the worst way you've been dumped?" thread - I thought it would be good to hear the happier side to relationships :p: maybe some people might even take tips haha

ReputationRep:
    A girl in a bar came upto me and started having a go at me in front of my mates, and then said "come outside so I can speak to you". I didn't even know her but followed her because I was curious to see what she was ranting about. So I followed her out and then she goes and tells me "I just wanted to get you on your own and you wouldn't come over".

I was only in the bar 15 minutes. She wasn't backwards in coming forward. I was expecting a slap or something as well. Quite relieved when I never got one.

ReputationRep:
    Got her friends to gather around me and follow me wherever I went for like an hour before she shows up and asked me out.

I said no.:nothing:

ReputationRep:
    In New York, walking down times square - a girl asked me if I wanted to get ice cream (theres a wicked ice cream shop in TS, where they make it infront of you and toss it in the air and shizzle :cool:)..I love how confident the women are over there.

ReputationRep:
    Someone in my college kept putting little notes in my locker, asking me out

and I was over the moon. :happy2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It turned out to be a prank

ReputationRep:
    i got a text saying "**** buddies?" made me all warm and fuzzy inside :love::moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)

Spoiler:
    Show
    It turned out to be a prank
    Aw I was always worried that someone would try to pull this on me. I remember my friend being dared to ask out this girl (who all our friends considered ugly ) and he did even though I was telling him not to. She said yes and they took the mick - it was really sad, she was quite upset lol :p: It was primary school I'm sure she's over it by now haha :laugh:

As for me...never been asked out :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiejade-x)
    i got a text saying "**** buddies?" made me all warm and fuzzy inside :love::moon:
    What a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakky)
    What a ****.
    i was being sarcastic :erm: it was my attempt at humour it didnt actually happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Aw I was always worried that someone would try to pull this on me. I remember my friend being dared to ask out this girl (who all our friends considered ugly ) and he did even though I was telling him not to. She said yes and they took the mick - it was really sad, she was quite upset lol :p: It was primary school I'm sure she's over it by now haha :laugh:

As for me...never been asked out :p:
    :laugh: pfff.... Primary school

It happened me 3 months ago during my A levels. :rolleyes:

Well, we both have to keep waiting for the right person. :tee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakky)
    What a ****.
    How is she a ****? Explain.

She might just be a nympho Nothing wrong with that.

You're more than likely only calling her that because you're an Xbox 360 or PS3 warrior and never get any.

ReputationRep:
    I kissed her - she kissed back. :blush:

me and this guy had been flirting all night, at this afterparty, everyone fell asleep except us, we walked 3 miles to the shop, sat beside an open fire and talked.. lay on a hammock under a duvet together... then he had to drive his friends to the shop, while he was away i my lift came and so i had to leave.

that night i got a friend request on facebook. and numerous messages about how he had bought me sweets and i wasn't there, and how he'd love to see me again, and asked me out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)

it was your dad.
    he told me.
    get over it.

ReputationRep:
    with my current b/f, we liked eachother for like a monthish and planned we were gonna kiss in the sixth form halloween party which was then delayed to 5th Nov bonfires night. I went up to him at the bar and asked, 'do i get my surprise yet' he said no, so i was like... hmmmm... does he actually like me...
    Then outside the fireworks went off and i sat on the grass and he said 'now is the time' so we kissed beneathe the fireworks..

ReputationRep:
    Everyone asked if we were together. I asked him if we were by text. He said "I guess so....."

ReputationRep:
    I keep trying to think of lines that did not involve sex and failing

1. (at a bar) you would like great at yours with me on my knees with your **** in my mouth. You have to give that one marks for bluntness
    2. When are you going to buck up the courage to **** me. I have to admit that one was shocking as I never expected it.
    3. I've liked you for ages but always been too shy to say anything. Really cute one.

But my favourite: The way she smiled when we first met, I just knew what it meant straight away. Can't beat moments like that

he asked me out, I said no, but he continued to grope me for weeks afterwards?

aww I <3 my life.

ReputationRep:
    My current girlfriend, who I'd been very good friends with, told me that she's 'falling for me' whilst we were snuggling up together to keep each other warm at night on a ski trip to switzerland.

It was a pretty intense moment, and I just really liked her straight and honest way of telling me...plus I was totally taken in by the cute shy way she said it.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin was living in London and working in a bar. She was on a bus on the way to work and got talking to the driver and must have happened to mention where she worked. Didn't get his name or give her name. But later that evening he called the bar and described what she looks like and asked what her name was and to speak to her. They went out for a couple of years, actually. I thought that was quite a romantic way to meet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.