Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've never been an obsessed meat eater(hated the smell and greasieness), but I will eat meat socially and I don't even feel bad about it, i've mostly lived on a diet of fruit and fish, is this pescetarianism?

ReputationRep:
    No. You're an omnivore who doesn't eat much meat.

ReputationRep:
    A pescatarian doesn't eat ANY meat.

ReputationRep:
    Fish is a meat....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hantheman)
    Fish is a meat....
    A pescatarian eats fish but not meat.

A vegetarian does not eat either meat or fish.

A vegan does not eat meat, fish or products derived from animals (eggs, milk etc.)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry meat is the flesh of any animal. A fish is an animal. Pescitairans can go about their hypocritic ways all they want and justify it how they want, but they're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry meat is the flesh of any animal. A fish is an animal. Pescitairans can go about their hypocritic ways all they want and justify it how they want, but they're wrong.
    In your opinion.

I don't really see the issue, and I couldn't care less what people do/don't eat. It only irritates me when people try to force their views on other people, and that works both ways- non-meat eaters nagging at carnivores, but equally carnivores persistently trying to make vegetarians eat meat.
    Anyway I don't think this is the place for an ethical debate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King_Blumpkins)
    i've mostly lived on a diet of fruit and fish, is this pescetarianism?
    I can't imagine what kind of recipes you would create combining fruit and fish.

ReputationRep:
    How is choosing to be a pescatarian hypocritical? To live we have to consume other life (plants are a form of life). We each draw different distinction on what form of life is acceptable to eat. A lot of meat eaters wouldn't feel comfortable eating a dog. Does that mean they're hypocrites? No, that's just where they've drawn the line of what life is acceptable to eat. Pescatarians appear to draw the line on creatures that have terrible 7 second memories.

P.S I'm what you would define as a meat-eater and have slaughtered live animals myself before for food.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really pescetarianism if you occasionally eat Red meat, really.

It's a bit pointless labelling yourself with a certain title. The only people who use that word to label themselves are going to be proud and very conscious of their choice to not eat meat. Which you are not if you eat it socially, so why label yourself?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.