Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lisp - am I being bullied for it? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a lisp - which is not cute it effects my ability to say certain words and I think this woman at work is taking the mickey about me in a bad way. She has a lisp as well but it is one of the cute ones... when she talks she says words in a certain way to that she is mimicking my speech impediment. Like she will talk but not talk to me, but talk when I am listening - we have a busy but small work environment and have to communicate with each other a lot.

What shall I do about it? I feel **** about myself and realise/think she is doing it because she does not like me L

ReputationRep:
    just ignore the ****, or better still just tell her to stop mocking you.
    she is behaving very immaturely, especially in a work environment. a lisp is nothing to be ashamed of, so just try your best to pay no attention to her

ReputationRep:
    instead of complaining on here about it - why dont you mention it to her?

She may not realise she is being offensive to you

ReputationRep:
    Im a driving instructhoor
    I have a lisssssssssssssp too
    I work for thilly thausages driving stcool
    they discriminate me with pay! only 2.38 an hour when it should be 2.60 just coz shhom studunts dont undersannd me
    outrageious
    james dawes

ReputationRep:
    I had to get speach theraphy when I was younger as I would talk but no one would understand. Maybe I should try some theraphy to get rid of my lisp. How do I tell her to stop mocking me and why is she doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haha16)
    Im a driving instructhoor
    I have a lisssssssssssssp too
    I work for thilly thausages driving stcool
    they discriminate me with pay! only 2.38 an hour when it should be 2.60 just coz shhom studunts dont undersannd me
    outrageious
    james dawes
    sad

ReputationRep:
    I'm weally sorry to hear that.

ReputationRep:
    I feel even sorrier for you knowing the word 'lisp' has an 's' in it.

ReputationRep:
    hey, lisp might be getting on a bit,m but it's still one of the finest programming languages out there. dem lambda expressions.

ReputationRep:
    lithp

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.