Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Together nearly 4 years and dumped by text Watch

he still hasn't really explained why.
    we are in a ldr, but it's our last year at uni. n we'd been having trouble but i'd gone up to see him and we'd had a great few days, at least i thought we had.

then he texts me the day after i get back to uni to say he can't tell me this on the phone and he's sorry he cant but it's about us.

i phone him. he barely says anything. just he doesn't feel same anymore. he doesn't even have the guts to say it's over.

i just feel so broken. he was always the one who said we'd be together after uni, move in together, have kids etc.... I just feel so let down by him just giving up on us like this.

guess it's just a rant but BLAH. hate himmmm.

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Fell in love with a hotter girl. Managed to get her to go out with him by convincing her he was single.
    Therefore he wishes you would cease to exist.

That would be my guess.

ReputationRep:
    Damn.

ReputationRep:
    This more or less just happened to me, but it was over skype, and we were together 19 months. I made the effort to go and see him two weeks later because it had to be properly discussed and after so long together we needed a civil conversation. I also had questions I wanted to ask and answers. You need to see each other to properly discuss this, its not fair on you and you deserve to have a proper conversation about it. Suggest going to see him? Maybe take a friend for support on the train journey home? Hope you feel okay, I know how tough it is right now. x

ReputationRep:
    Hm. Smooth.

ReputationRep:
    Demand that you meet up. It's only fair that you get proper answers. If he refuses then he's not worth your time. I know it's hard but if he's acting like an idiot and refusing to talk then cut him out of your life. It's alot easier to get over someone that way. I know from experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Fell in love with a hotter girl. Managed to get her to go out with him by convincing her he was single.
    Therefore he wishes you would cease to exist.

That would be my guess.
    I realise your trying to be funny but jeez bit of tact wouldn't go a miss.

There's a time and a place :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If he's not having the guts to do it face to face, you shouldn't bother with him. I'm sorry you wasted your time on him.

ReputationRep:
    After 4 years you'd think he could at least make a phone call. Deep.

ReputationRep:
    trust me you do have these type of men that only lead you on and when they feel they don't want you then your OUT! horriable! these guys are just not worth womens time......

but don't worry you will find someone much more better alot better thats when idiots like your ex will be sorry they let you go......

there are much nicer guys out there who don't think your worth just being dumped over text or without any proper explanation...

YOU WILL GET OVER HIM HUNX

ReputationRep:
    i think you have the right 2 find out why the hell he dumped you....so make him tell you... try 2 talk it out with him n then decide if its worth leaving the realtionship... but i think you should try cos u cant just throw away 4 yearsss
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Wow. What a tosser.

ReputationRep:
    You got bumped :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    He met with you because he wanted 1 last shag out of you and bam! Out the door you go.

He probably has another chick in the wings who may be giving him better Bjs :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    If it walks like a **** and it acts like a ****...

Just make sure you really want to know why before asking. I mean at the end of the day 4 years is a long time, but you're not exactly old, so it's not like you're not going to find someone else. Do the crying thing for a week or two, it'll slowly get better.

ReputationRep:
    hes a *uck
    you're worth better, and you guys being together for 4 years and being dumped by phone proves both of my statements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliF)
    If he's not having the guts to do it face to face, you shouldn't bother with him. I'm sorry you wasted your time on him.
    This. The guy's a douche, you're better off.

ReputationRep:
    deep
    • TSR Support Team

This guy has no balls

ReputationRep:
    hmm i wonder why

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.