Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on whether I should apply for the taught MSc or research degree for computer science at Oxford. I am currently in my third year (out of four) of an honors degree in computer science and it seems to me like the taught degree will be almost exactly the same as my undergraduate degree. However I don't really have any idea what I would want to research, perhaps an extenuation of my senior project? Is the taught degree really more for people who don't have any background in computer science?

Thank you for reading!

ReputationRep:
    In theory it is for people who have a computer science background but of course if the advanced options you are currently studying match those of Oxford's this might make things different.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.