Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I use a liquid base foundation on my face. I am considering beginning to use powder too, to prevent shine, but am worried it may go orangey due to oil in the skin or something?

Anyone got any tips for powders, or can recommend good powders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    Hi everyone,

I use a liquid base foundation on my face. I am considering beginning to use powder too, to prevent shine, but am worried it may go orangey due to oil in the skin or something?

Anyone got any tips for powders, or can recommend good powders?
    Get a Translucent Powder and it shouldn't go orange x

ReputationRep:
    thanks, will try that, as I am sick of my face looking a little shiny haha. Powder should stop that.... I hope :P

ReputationRep:
    I've been using this for years:

It's pretty good :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If the product is turning orangey it's because the chemicals in it are oxidizing as you wear it and turning colour.

I use a Bobbi Brown foundation/powder combination. The powder has no colour to it and I buff it into my skin using a kabuki brush (MAC 182). Gives a nice flawless finish, blends the product really well and uses as little powder as possible.

For touch ups in the day maybe use blotting paper instead of adding on extra product. You might also want to look at the finish of your current foundation and switch to something with a very matte finish and add in a mattifying primer underneath, Illamasqua do an especially good one.

ReputationRep:
    I use the Bobbi Brown combo too, it's fabulous I also use Benefit's Porefessional primer, you can put it on under your makeup in the morning and use it for touch ups later in the day too

ReputationRep:
    Are you using the liquid and powder together? If you want to get ride of the shine you can actually use a setting powder to get rid of it. So if you love the liquid makeup you really don't have to change it at all. And have you thought about using MAC? They provide alot different types of makeup depending on your skin type, your preference of liquid, powder, etc and also on the level of how much coverage you want. There is also sephora.com that has amazing products. The best thing about both MAC and sephora.com is that they provide alot of hypoallergenic products.

ReputationRep:
    MAC mineralise skin finish natural - just amazing. And on days when you want a lighter coverage, you can use it on its own.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.