Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, this is going to sound a bit silly. But how can you keep the pages in your art sketchbook clean? (i.e. no marks from pastels or paint, no random pencil marks) Is there something you can buy or do so that you just have clean white pages to work on? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Plain white rubber. The big round ones from WHSmith are awesome.

Also when you're working, try to keep a sheet of paper between your hand and the area you're working on as that will stop your hand picking up pastel/charcoal and rubbing it into the paper.

ReputationRep:
    hairspray sprayed from a distance on pencil drawings - sometimes it ruins/ makes no difference to pastels - or there's a fixing spray you can get.

or you could try attaching a sheet of tracing paper over potentially really messy drawing so when you flick through you lift the cover sheets up...it can look a bit poncy but it def does the job

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    dont use it or if you want to stop the opposite page from smudging get some hairspray thats what i use to do then spay the pages where you use pencil/pastels or anything that could smudge or transfer to the other page.

ReputationRep:
    i use a scrap piece of paper so my pencil lines ect doesnt get smodged when i draw paint ect... hope this helped i little hunni...xxx :silverwings::wings:

ReputationRep:
    Only this year, my teacher introduced me to the wonders of hairspray! Cheap but also a working version of the 'fixing spray'. Any low-cost one will work - Sainsburys' own even

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there's hairspray which works very well.
    Or staple a bit of tracing paper over each page that you can lift up

ReputationRep:
    I put sheets of acetate over everything, so it protects it and you can still see the drawing.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the fixative (or cheap hairspray alternative) but one thing to be aware of is not to spray it too close or your work will run and once it is sprayed it is near impossible to rub out any of your work or make alterations so ONLY do this when you are finished.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.