Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

Just wondering if anyone here has taken part in the student associates scheme, and then applied for PGCE?

If so, what kind of questions were you asked at the interview? especially if your interview was with a university offering the SAS scheme.

Also has anybody had an interview with IOE yet?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSI_HIRO)
    Hi guys!

Just wondering if anyone here has taken part in the student associates scheme, and then applied for PGCE?

If so, what kind of questions were you asked at the interview? especially if your interview was with a university offering the SAS scheme.

thanks
    I did the SAS scheme at Reading..and I've got an interview at Reading next week, so I'll let you know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

thanks
    See the IoE thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemz475)
    I did the SAS scheme at Reading..and I've got an interview at Reading next week, so I'll let you know how it goes!
    thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    thanks!!
    Hi there,

I had my interview today and nothing was mentioned about my SAS experience but I did take my SASTEP along with me anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I had my interview today and nothing was mentioned about my SAS experience but I did take my SASTEP along with me anyway!
    thanks! how was your interview? x

ReputationRep:
    thanks! how was your interview? x
    The actual face to face interview was fine, I think and hope! Although I had to keep reminding myself of what the actual question was & to make sre I answered it properly!

The written task was a little bit more tricky, only because I knew I could do so muchbetter in an actual essay!

When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    The actual face to face interview was fine, I think and hope! Although I had to keep reminding myself of what the actual question was & to make sre I answered it properly!

The written task was a little bit more tricky, only because I knew I could do so muchbetter in an actual essay!

When is your interview?
    Am sure you did great! What subject were you interviewing for? Also...did they talk to you all at the start about when you'd find out whether or not you had a place? I know there's confusion with the allocation of places but maybe there's been an update since I last heard anything and if you had your interview yday that you'll know more than me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmap87)
    Am sure you did great! What subject were you interviewing for? Also...did they talk to you all at the start about when you'd find out whether or not you had a place? I know there's confusion with the allocation of places but maybe there's been an update since I last heard anything and if you had your interview yday that you'll know more than me!
    For Primary! They said we'll find out between 2-4 weeks if we have been successful but the usual that they aren't sure of how many places if any they will have for 2011!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

thanks
    With regard to the Student Associate Scheme. I took part in this and I am now currently on my PGCE year at the University of Bristol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.