Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain should introduce Sterilization or Birth Control Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ladies/Gents,

I have been really thinking about this issue. If you're a regular reader of Newspaper's, you will see certain articles about families demanding a council house, thuggish teens, lazy people refusing to work, etc. This may sound very harsh and controversial, but people who fit under the category should NOT be allowed to breed.

Here is a scenario: There is a Mother who lives in a small council flat. She is unemployed and has children with different fathers. She is also has a few bad habits - cannabis and alcohol. The child grows up in a scenario where education is nothing, but hanging around on street corners smoking is the norm. Getting a job and working is unheard of, so its straight onto benefits and he/she will follow the Mother's footsteps - This is a cycle that will follow for generations.

Now, if there were a way to control birth rate this would be avoided. Let's say she is allowed a maximum of 2 children - they can be focused upon in terms of education, personal development etc.

What are your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    you have red gems: all points invalid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesssty)
    you have red gems: all points invalid.
    Another idiot. Why is it not possible to discuss more controversial issues on here? Everyone is obssesed with rep. Seriously, post what you think.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    We live in a democracy. Thread/

ReputationRep:
    If you are trolling, this will definitely rile a lot of people and bring out a lot of "free will" debates.

In an ideal world, yes this works.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts are dissimilar to yours.

ReputationRep:
    Example:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-engaged.html

ReputationRep:
    What on earth does trolling mean ? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountMancula)
    Hi Ladies/Gents,

I have been really thinking about this issue. If you're a regular reader of Newspaper's, you will see certain articles about families demanding a council...
    Individuals who are not familiar with basic grammar should not be allowed to breed.
    /Thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balface)
    Individuals who are not familiar with basic grammar should not be allowed to breed.
    /Thread.
    Look, balface, I am talking about lifestyle. Also can you not use the term "/thread" - Fad, American Internet terminologies are sickening.

ReputationRep:
    We do need to stop retarded chavs taking over like, but I think more along the lines of enforcing education and cutting benefits to bums rather than sterilization

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonski)
    We do need to stop retarded chavs taking over like, but I think more along the lines of enforcing education and cutting benefits to bums rather than sterilization
    Sterilization was the wrong term to use. I think there should be a birth control, though. Even if it’s less harsh – for example: if you have more than 2 children, there will be no financial support for anymore. But then again they will still have more children, which would ultimately affect the way they’re brought up.

ReputationRep:
    Look, balface, I am talking about lifestyle. Also can you not use the term "/thread" - Fad, American Internet terminologies are sickening.
    Does talking about lifestyle make one exempt from using correct grammar whilst doing so? No.

Also, attempting to belittle me after I pointed out your fatously obvious error isn't going to work. There is no point pretending you have any respect for the English language if you don't know the difference between "newspaper's" and "newspapers".

ReputationRep:
    If you start sterilising people who do things you disagree with, where do you draw the line? Who decides what is acceptable and what isn't? It is a ridiculous idea. Discourage people from having children they cannot support, by all means, but we can't take away their facility to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    We live in a democracy. Thread/
    Could you please explain why being in a democracy would necessarily entail that the OP's argument will go against democracy?

ReputationRep:
    the average birth rate is only 2.2 as it is.. and its set to decline.. we will have natural decrease pretty soon.. especially as the boarders are being closed up.. so there is no real need for a cull

ReputationRep:
    Sterilization was the wrong term to use. I think there should be a birth control, though. Even if it’s less harsh – for example: if you have more than 2 children, there will be no financial support for anymore. But then again they will still have more children, which would ultimately affect the way they’re brought up.
    To be fair, by the time these people are old enough to receive benefits they'll probabky have 6+ kids anyway lol

ReputationRep:
    This will never be implemented because it's a breach of free will. At most, the government can cut the benefits, but that may just make the children suffer even more.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Could you please explain why being in a democracy would necessarily entail that the OP's argument will go against democracy?
    In a free and democratic society we must guarantee the freedoms of the entire population. In this case the freedom to have the children they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balface)
    Does talking about lifestyle make one exempt from using correct grammar whilst doing so? No.

Also, attempting to belittle me after I pointed out your fatously obvious error isn't going to work. There is no point pretending you have any respect for the English language if you don't know the difference between "newspaper's" and "newspapers".
    Listen, Shakespeare, it was a grammatical mistake. I am assuming your misspelling of FATUOUSLY was mistake too?

If you're going to take the roll of a grammar police officer, at least make sure you're spelling is 100% correct, because you will end looking like a fool. :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.