• View Poll Results: Which topic will you most likely choose for STEP
    Pure Math
    66.67%
    Mechanics
    33.33%
    Probability and Statistics
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, which topic, Pure Math, Mechanics and Stats, are you most comfortable with for STEP?

For me, I prefer pure math, since I dun take Mechanics modules for Math and Stats problems seem to be harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superkinetic)
    Just curious, which topic, Pure Math, Mechanics and Stats, are you most comfortable with for STEP?

For me, I prefer pure math, since I dun take Mechanics modules for Math and Stats problems seem to be harder.
    It would make sense to be better at pure maths as the majority of the paper is on pure maths. You could also be fooled to believe you're better at the pure maths because although you can answer a few of them, there's quite a large set to choose from. I think I'm slightly better at pure than mechanics but only just. I don't know enough statistics to make a proper judgement of those questions.

ReputationRep:
    Most people do pure because there's more Qs to choose from and they're more comfortable with pure as it's covered more thoroughly at A-Level (generally). But apparently the easy marks are in the Stats Qs; often they're pretty easy, since people rarely pick them nor look at them. Mechanics is probably the hardest, the crazy moments/tension Qs aren't worth bothering with in an exam IMO.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.