Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know I'm sick..but I don't want to sound daft in front of the GP Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm unwell and I've been this way for the past week. I've lost my appetite almost completely, I eat just half of what I used to and still feel really really full..I can't sleep at night..I keep getting chest pains and every morning I wake up with terrible body ache as if I've just had a strenous workout the night before. Are these symptoms connected in any way?? I want to know for sure what I could have before I go to the GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabebrit)
    I know I'm unwell and I've been this way for the past week. I've lost my appetite almost completely, I eat just half of what I used to and still feel really really full..I can't sleep at night..I keep getting chest pains and every morning I wake up with terrible body ache as if I've just had a strenous workout the night before. Are these symptoms connected in any way?? I want to know for sure what I could have before I go to the GP.
    Ok, so when you see the GP, you can tell him/her that you spent a week being ill because you wanted to figure out what was wrong with you before you went to the GP to have it confirmed. You'll sound really clever then. Good thinking bro.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry to tell you, you have cowarditious, im affraid it is terminal

ReputationRep:
    Wat? Goin' to the doctor is one of those times when you have to throw daftness to the wind. I mean, at the doctor's, people have to admit wind problemz, piles :blush:, itchy nads and all sorts. Sometimes, you have to tell the doctor about wetting yourself when you laugh. Sometimes, you have to take off your trousers to be examined, and sometimes, when pulling them back up afterwards, you're so nervous that you drop them again and they slump around your ankles leaving you to bend awkwardly to reclaim them in from of the GP - and even then, he/she doesn't laugh or even care, really.

You need to sort out your priorities!

ReputationRep:
    Just go, they are hardly going to judge you...

ReputationRep:
    It can be embarrassing going to the Drs but believe me, they'll have seen/heard a lot worse.
    You need to put your mind at rest, and potentially get some advice/treatment for your symptoms. Only place for that is GP surgery.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.