The Student Room Group

Is this Fan Heater battery or socket operated - says nothing on website?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4151986/Trail/searchtext%3EFAN+HEATER.htm

Reserved it, thinking it was battery operated being so small and now realised it might be power socket operated and electricity is probably more expensive than gas so using the heating might be cheaper.

Anybody have one or can tell from the website?

Didn't really know where to put it so sorry if GD is the wrong forum. :smile:
2.4kW heating from batteries isn't going to last long, I tell you that.
Reply 2
Original post by mikeyd85
2.4kW heating from batteries isn't going to last long, I tell you that.

I realised. But there's no mention of socket or a socket shown in the picture so it could be a larger battery or whatever. :s-smilie:
:facepalm:
Original post by FattyInNeed
I realised. But there's no mention of socket or a socket shown in the picture so it could be a larger battery or whatever. :s-smilie:

It'll be mains for sure.

Doesn't seem like the most reliable model going on the user reviews though...
Reply 5
Original post by someperson
:facepalm:

Go eat. :colonhash:
Reply 6
It'll be mains for sure.

Doesn't seem like the most reliable model going on the user reviews though...

If it's mains, I already have a larger one. I wanted something powerful but battery operated to use for a personal room.

:dontknow:
http://www.batteryoperatedheaters.org/battery-powered-heater/

Lol, loving that website. Basically, propane heaters are the way forward for small and portable. That or buy a car battery.
Go eat. :colonhash:

already have...and you dont need to buy a heater

bye
Reply 9
it will be mains.

not many heaters are battery operated if at all, so if this one was it would warrant a mention in the title
Reply 10
Original post by someperson
already have...and you dont need to buy a heater

bye

you want me to freeze? :s-smilie:

And thanks guys, only reserved it, just won't pick it up to buy! xD
Reply 11
You think electricity from batteries would be cheaper than electricity from the mains?

wow just wow.
Reply 12

Lol, loving that website. Basically, propane heaters are the way forward for small and portable. That or buy a car battery.

Even a car battery won't keep it going very long. I reckon a 40Ah car battery (smaller car battery) would run a 2.4KW fan heater for around 12 minutes.

You'll then have to spend several hours recharging the battery from the mains.

In terms of heating in a house. If you want heat all over then Central heating is going to be cheaper. If you just need to boost the heat in one room then a fan heater (or some other form of electric heater) might be best.
Reply 13
Original post by Joinedup
You think electricity from batteries would be cheaper than electricity from the mains?

wow just wow.

Do you know how many batteries I have at home???

Like 6000.
Reply 14
Do you know how many batteries I have at home???

Like 6000.

Well if your dad's called Mr Duracell I suppose that'd be different.

Fan heaters are expensive to run cos they blow warm air all over the room... I reckon I feel more warmed up per KWh with my mini thermostatic 800w oil-filled radiator under the table.

Quick Reply

Latest