Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you get really pissed and upset but you dont wanna be seen crying, what do you do>?

ReputationRep:
    I go home and scream into a pillow for two hours. Then I usually smash a bowl or some other cheap crockery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    I go home and scream into a pillow for two hours. Then I usually smash a bowl or some other cheap crockery.
    What if you were in class , wont work

ReputationRep:
    Surgically remove your tear ducts.

ReputationRep:
    I clench my teeth, so that I can release the tension without crying.

ReputationRep:
    blink and look around the room a lot.. hold your breath :P

ReputationRep:
    instead of being upset at whatever it is, be angry with it

ReputationRep:
    I usually bite my tongue (literally) and either start counting in multiples in my mind (i.e. in intervals of 3s etc) or think of a song and go over the lyrics in my head. Stops me from either a) crying or b) answering back to people at work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonski)
    instead of being upset at whatever it is, be angry with it
    This.
    Be reaaally mad, so it overpowers the sadness that makes you want to cry.

Also, blink. A lot. Don't talk until you're sure you've got it under control, since it usually opens the floodgates. And take subtle deep breaths.

ReputationRep:
    lie down in a comfy position, take deep, long breaths and maybe watch something funny or listen to something happy

ReputationRep:
    Cough and clear your throat. It helps to reduce the lump in your throat. Breathe deeply.

ReputationRep:
    Tell yourself "Don't cry!". Surprisingly it works for me. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    This.
    Be reaaally mad, so it overpowers the sadness that makes you want to cry.

Also, blink. A lot. Don't talk until you're sure you've got it under control, since it usually opens the floodgates. And take subtle deep breaths.
    what if someone notices and asks what's wrong! happened to me todaay not soo goood

ReputationRep:
    use your anger, eg my boss (assistant manager) was giving me so much crap one day, a day when i was feeling like ****, tried calling in sick but got told i had to or would be fired, end of the day, nackerd and just wanted to go home, hes shouting bout me not finishing my jobs and being slow and hed been giving me a hard time all day since he thought i was only being slow as i got caught out and wasnt really ill
    i switch and shouted at him about how crap a boss he is and how not one single member of staff respects his decisions and we spend so much time cleaning up after hios **** ups
    lucky for me the manager also hates him and managed to put the blame on him for beign a **** assistant manager

ReputationRep:
    I usually bite the inside of my cheeks and bite my lip. It's weird cause if you did it normally, it'd hurt LOADS... But it kind of distracts you from crying without being overly painful. If that makes sense. Maybe it's just me?

ReputationRep:
    count the threads on the top of the person infront of me, i do it at funerals, if there's no one in front ill count the threads on my shirt sleeve, or bits of hair on the floor. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Tell yourself "Don't cry!". Surprisingly it works for me. :yep:
    ohhh no that makes me weep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemadore)
    ohhh no that makes me weep!
    :laugh:

Well it works for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemadore)
    what if someone notices and asks what's wrong! happened to me todaay not soo goood
    What was it that made you feel like crying, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    sort of just bite my lip and blink a lot. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and I end up crying and feeling idiotic (normally if I'm stopping myself from crying it's because I feel like I shouldn't cry in the first place.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.