Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can i obtain whiter teeth? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I brush my teeth on average twice a day and I use mouth wash.

My teeth aren't a sunshine yellow - Tbh they are kinda white, but they have a yellow tint to them that really bothers me and I was wondering if thew was a way to get rid of it!

Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Obtain? Like, by stealing them off somebody? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Obtain? Like, by stealing them off somebody? :p:
    I knew i used the wrong word...

get whiter teeth then.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBYoungLady)
    I knew i used the wrong word...

get whiter teeth then.
    Speak to your dentist about it. They can whiten them for you.

ReputationRep:
    Crest whitestrips work, you can get them off Ebay

I saw a new toothpaste advertised on the tv yesterday to whiten teeth, from Australia, cant remember what it was called though.

Blank toothpaste is quite good too.

ReputationRep:
    Well, there's the dentist teeth whitening but that is mega expensive.

I do know you can buy off Amazon this product called 'Crest Whitestrips' (only available in America) which is a DIY whitening thing similar to how the dentist does it... but I have heard stories about your teeth becoming super sensitive so use with caution.

ReputationRep:
    if you got the money go to your dentist and ask about zoom. Cost me about £450 takes an hour and will give you very white shiny teeth.

If you cant afford that you can get the dentist to make kits that are made up of bleach and a personal imprint of your teeth. If i remember costs about £200 but i didnt get it obviously so i cant attest to how well it works. My dentist also had a pack of 12 ready made ones that were £150, i used one and it worked quite well just to touch up.

Again if thats too much make some bleach mouthwash, certain chance of death but pretty cheap*

*Please dont drink bleach mkay.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

My teeth aren't a sunshine yellow - Tbh they are kinda white, but they have a yellow tint to them that really bothers me and I was wondering if thew was a way to get rid of it!

Thanks.
    I could recommend you a good toothpaste to whiten your teeth. It's not mainstream and it taste disgusting but it whitens your teeth

ReputationRep:
    Crest Whitestrips are banned in the UK because of a high level of some chemical or something being deemed dangerous - if you have even slightly sensitive teeth DON'T DO IT. They will be white but you'll barely be able to eat anything below room temp.

Go to your dentist.

ReputationRep:
    i had trays - they are like gum shields you wear for an hour a day for like 3 weeks, they worked really well but cost about £200 so if you're prepared to spend money i'd reccomend that, but if not use pearl drops toothpaste

ReputationRep:
    Ooh. My teeth are just normal, but not super white. I would LOVE to have nice, healthy, white teeth :love:

But I cant afford to splash the cash getting my teeth whitened. Pearl drops arent so bad..

Has anyone got any (less expensive) solutions?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, everyone. I can't look into the crest white one cos I already have sensitive teeth.

Might have to splash out on some whitening work at the dentist when I'm older.

ReputationRep:
    Toothpaste containg baking soda

ReputationRep:
    okay so you find someone with nice teeth, then you get them to a relatively seclooded spot and punch out or otherwise extract the teeth, sellotape on with sellotape and bang you;'ve got teeth.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Thanks.
    Y not try using toothpaste wen u brush leik? dunno mandem respect xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit cautious about any type of teeth whitening but the reason why your teeth might appear discoloured are:
    staining from foods such as cola, coffee, wine etc
    or
    erosion from acidic foods, that make your teeth more sensitive from the wear down of enamel

So use any whitening remedy with caution as they mainly all have something abrasive that could cause slightly more sensitivity. If you're going to use anything, use it on moderation and consult a private dentist that could use a lighter method.

ReputationRep:
    White Gum shield, or braces (with white studs) or the popular method of knocking your teeth out and replacing your teeth with ivory from the black market.

Before someone negs me, I love wildlife, and I subscribe to the BBC wildlife mag. Well worth a read if you are bored of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battyboybetterknow)
    Y not try using toothpaste wen u brush leik? dunno mandem respect xxxx
    fool.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, everyone. I can't look into the crest white one cos I already have sensitive teeth.

Might have to splash out on some whitening work at the dentist when I'm older.
    I have the same problem - my dentist told me that honestly speaking most methods of whitening will increase sensitivity. Some more than others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    Toothpaste containg baking soda
    I have found this.
    The toothpaste I use is Colgate, called something like Deep Clean Whitening with Baking Soda.
    It takes a long time, and only whitens them a little, but as I can't afford to get any other whitening product, it's good enough. Better than nothing anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.