The Student Room Group

What to get a 15 year old for her birthday?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jolteon
"ever heard of a comma, or a sentence?" i mean that's probably the best way of putting it. saves you starting a question-sentence with "or" and also more efficiently conveys your point.

Actually i think you'll find the best way to have put it would have been

'Ever heard of a comma or a sentence?'. Otherwise the original one was grammatically correct, just fragmented.

OWNED. :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by jolteon
"ever heard of a comma, or a sentence?" i mean that's probably the best way of putting it. saves you starting a question-sentence with "or" and also more efficiently conveys your point.

You're a tw@t
Reply 22
Original post by mother_eve3088
Actually i think you'll find the best way to have put it would have been

'Ever heard of a comma or a sentence?'. Otherwise the original one was grammatically correct, just fragmented.

OWNED. :biggrin:

actually i think you'll find the best way to have put it would have been:

'have you ever heard of a comma or a sentence??'

OWNDE
Original post by jolteon
actually i think you'll find the best way to have put it would have been:

'have you ever heard of a comma or a sentence??'

OWNDE

By someone who can't even spell owned? I don't think so.

Seeing as this started about the abbreviated version of that question, which in turn was about your ineptitude of being able to construct a sentence containing any punctuation whatsoever, i don't really think you're the person to start trying to get cocky...
Reply 24
By someone who can't even spell owned? I don't think so.

Seeing as this started about the abbreviated version of that question, which in turn was about your ineptitude of being able to construct a sentence containing any punctuation whatsoever, i don't really think you're the person to start trying to get cocky...

no need to get mad just because you can't spell ownde.
Original post by Jessica_2014
What should i get for my daughter who is turning 15?:confused:

A chloroform soaked cloth?
a box of chocolates, or a film, with some money inside. i get this alot, something to do/nibble and the money, always a good combo.
Reply 27
Original post by Dogatonic
Gift vouchers (iTunes, cinema, Zara etc.) are always appreciated and a safe choice

"this is like cash, but not as versatile"
You probably know her better than we do. Hope my parents weren't snooping around TSR asking what to buy me for my 15th. :lol: You know, you could always try asking her what she'd like? That's a safe bet. My parents started asking me for my Christmas/Birthday list in August. Or was it July? They're too organised sometimes. :lol: But yeah, most 15 year olds like getting loads of money so they can go out and buy whatever they want.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
well exactly sh'd have to be a sh*t tier parent to not know what her daughter wanted for christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Original post by jolteon
no need to get mad just because you can't spell ownde.

No need to get snippy because you can't write properly. :tongue:

Also - p4wn3d.
Reply 31
says the guy insulting me in french. i mean as pretentious languages go, french is right up there with latin and greek. and what kind of insult is "you're a shower" anyway??
Reply 32
No need to get snippy because you can't write properly. :tongue:

Also - p4wn3d.

Impressive, I concede defeat. I apologise for starting and subsequently perpetuating this infantile conflict. I should know better.
Yeah, gift vouchers would be a good idea so she can treat herself to something she really wants, I don't know what kind of shops she likes, but maybe New Look? They have some nice stuff in atm and it isn't tooo expensive :smile: Or, does she like reading? Maybe some books? It depends on her interests :smile: xx
Reply 34
A condom, jk
Reply 35
well my doctor said i was autistic a couple of years ago when i was getting into tyrouble at school but he's a liar anyway and i know he wants to have his beastly way with one of the nurses, i underheard him say that and other things once so i wouldn't trust a word he says. i mean there are no reasons to think I have autism anyway.
Reply 36
Original post by 786girl
A condom, jk

fun for all the family!

Reply 37
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Take Thats new CD
Reply 39
Original post by jolteon
well my doctor said i was autistic a couple of years ago when i was getting into tyrouble at school but he's a liar anyway and i know he wants to have his beastly way with one of the nurses, i underheard him say that and other things once so i wouldn't trust a word he says. I mean there are no reasons to think i have autism anyway.

el oh el

Quick Reply