Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else ever fallen for someone they shouldn't? Watch

My boyfriend of over a year and I split up a few months ago, and we've kind of worked through it and have stayed sort of friends and I'm definitely getting over him. Thing is I don't like to involve him in my personal life too much anymore, so when I have problems now, I don't really have anyone I can always go to, because I don't like bothering people too much.
    Basically there's this guy who I've been friends with for a couple of years, and it's a fairly widely assumed fact that he likes me and has done for about a year and a half. He's been really good and lets me talk about my sadness about my ex and my family issues and stuff. Thing is, he's not the most popular of guys. He's not very easily approachable or open and most people don't get his cutting sense of humour and think he's just a bit of a jerk. Sometimes I find myself thinking if it weren't for this I might be open to the idea of something happening between us, but all my friends would disapprove so much it wouldn't be worth it. It'd also undo all the work my ex boyfriend and I have put into being friends as my friendship with this other guy was always a source of tension between us, as my ex felt he used to toe the line with the things he said to me and his flirting.
    Not much point to this really I suppose, just airing my feelings. Anybody want to chip in with any advice or stories of their own?

(Keep anon or delete please)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.