Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How is the ego and childhood conflicts linked?
    Schizophrenia develops as a result of unresolved conflicts that have been regressed to the unconscious. This i understand. But where does the ego come into this? States in my book that the ego hasn’t fully developed thats why schizophrenia develops what i want to know is how exactly is the childhood conflicts and the ego idea linked? I hope this makes sense..
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hey-hey-hey)
    How is the ego and childhood conflicts linked?
    Schizophrenia develops as a result of unresolved conflicts that have been regressed to the unconscious. This i understand. But where does the ego come into this? States in my book that the ego hasn’t fully developed thats why schizophrenia develops what i want to know is how exactly is the childhood conflicts and the ego idea linked? I hope this makes sense..
    Thanks.
    I haven't got time to reply to the full question at this second, but thought I'd say that conflicts are 'repressed' and not 'regressed'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    I haven't got time to reply to the full question at this second, but thought I'd say that conflicts are 'repressed' and not 'regressed'.
    ohh ok thanks.

ReputationRep:
    What is this for? A level/degree?

I only ask because I have no idea what you are talking about, and I'm doing a Masters. I do have a stonking cold though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by easter_bunny)

I only ask because I have no idea what you are talking about, and I'm doing a Masters. I do have a stonking cold though.
    It has to be A-level. No respectable higher education course would set an exam question on Freud unless it was as an example of how not to produce theories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    It has to be A-level. No respectable higher education course would set an exam question on Freud unless it was as an example of how not to produce theories.
    I did wonder. We've done a bit 'on' Freud but never anything like that. Why on earth do they have to do that for A level.. novelty factor I guess. And I thought it was bad 5 years ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by easter_bunny)

Hi, its for A2 level psychology.

ReputationRep:
    I just had a lecture last week about how Freud's work is literally just subjective nonsense. The entire lecture was spent ripping his work to shreds... I can't see why they teach this, they make it sound like Freud is a hot topic in psychology the amount they always bring in one of Freud's opinions. It's really not, if anything it hindered work back then as it stopped looking at falsifiable theories, and he's why psychology gets an "airy fairy" bad reputation.

Ahh Fraud.. Sorry, Freud, (Freudian slip) rant over

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.