The Student Room Group

Which job should I take.. help!!

I've been offered two jobs and at the moment I've accepted both offers, I'm trying to work out if I could fit them around each other.

The first one is a temporary christmas job at HOME, around 25 hours a week for 4 weeks.

The second is a permanent job at UNI (well the city) and is 8 hours a week doing weekends only.

The first job wants me to start on the 6th and they will tell me my hours then. I was planning on going home over christmas anyway.

The second wants me to start on saturday the 11th for my training and then I will find out my actual hours after that.

Obviously I will get loads of money from my xmas temp job if I'm working 25 hours a week and it's close to home and means I get to spend christmas with my family.

But if I take the second job it means I'll have about £50 extra a week for the rest of my uni term. However I get the feeling its a long-term years and years kind of job and I'd feel guilty if I quit because I'm away for 7 weeks over the summer!

I'm gonna try and fit them around each other first but if I can't I don't know which one I would take. Because the 2nd is only a weekend job I would probably be travelling between uni and home over christmas because I don't wanna stay in halls when there is nobody here :/

Quick Reply

Latest