The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam PGCE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I have been offered a place - for which I am honoured, however the prospect of having to find £4,000 is a serious worry.

Does anyone know if I accept the offer but then can't find the money?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 81
Have you not applied for the student loans? I also got onto the course :smile:
Reply 82
Hi everyone I just got accepted to the sheffield hallam pgce for biology and was wondering if anyone else had heard anything??
Reply 83
Has anyone heard anything more since being accepted? Im sure they said something at the interview about a meeting in June to get to know each other and some sort of English and Maths top up courses we can go to if we want...
Reply 84
Hi all, I just got an offer for a place on the PGCE Primary Education course with QTS at Hallam. Anyone know what happens between now and the course starting? They did mention a course day over the summer to get acquainted with other course members and so on but is there a concrete date for that?
Reply 85
Alright Guys,

Congrats to all those who have been accepted for this September.

I'm going to be applying this summer for September 2012. Can anyone help me out with the interview day? What questions were you asked so I can prepare fully?

If anyone can offer any other advice or info I would appreciate it massively.

Thanks.
Reply 86
Original post by tr07mtt
Hi all, I just got an offer for a place on the PGCE Primary Education course with QTS at Hallam. Anyone know what happens between now and the course starting? They did mention a course day over the summer to get acquainted with other course members and so on but is there a concrete date for that?

The said at interview that this would be on Monday 27th June - but I guess that is subject to change!
I'm sure we will eventually get something through the post about arrangements.. Has anybody actually managed to log onto the student applicant portal? :confused:x
Reply 87
not yet but then aside from my offer I haven't had anything through either email or post. So I don't have any password or username with which to sign in. Hope we get something soon though it'll be good to know whats happening. Are you on the PGCE Primary too then?
Reply 88
I am yeah!
Very excited but also quite nervous!!
Reply 89
yay i am so happy to find other people that are doing the PGCE primary education :smile: i have a conditional offer so stressing about getting this 2.1 at the moment!!! Does anybody hav any idea of the date that the course starts?? I darent make any plans in september just in case ive started haha xxx
Reply 90
First week in September rings a bell loubee. There's also an induction day in June for us all to get to know each other and stuff. Can't wait!
Reply 91
Original post by loubee46
yay i am so happy to find other people that are doing the PGCE primary education :smile: i have a conditional offer so stressing about getting this 2.1 at the moment!!! Does anybody hav any idea of the date that the course starts?? I darent make any plans in september just in case ive started haha xxx

5th Sept :smile:
Reply 92
Hi I've been offered a conditional place for the primary pgce just need to get a 2:1 now! I was wondering if theres a facebook group or anything like that running at the moment? and does anyone have any clue about acommodation or anything for the year? Very excited! x
Reply 93
Hi all, i have an offer for PGCE Early Years anyone studying the same? i have rang up uni last week and they said the induction day is 27th June and the course starts on 5th September. I also spoke to the finance department to see if there was anything else i could claim for apart from the maintanance grant and aside from the loans available there is nothing - it would still be worth ringing individuallly though as all circumstances are different. The lady did say that if i recieive full maintanance grant which is i think nearly £3,000 then the uni will top this up with £300 which you will recieve in Febuary. Has anyone else had trouble applying for student finance online? it wouldnt let me do it so i have had to ring up and request for the form through the post, the deadline is end of May so i hope my form gets here soon!! I cant wait now, nervous about being a student again but really looking forward to starting. x
Reply 94
I applied the middle of last month to start a secondary maths pgce at Hallam. Does anyone know what the time scale maybe to get an interview and hopefully an offer.

I need to work back for giving my notice at my current employers and my wife is starting a nursing course and needs to fill in her finance form and cant really fill it in accurate until I know what I will be doing.

Also is anyone willing to give any tips and info on the interview?
Reply 95
Hey guys, have any primary PGCE students sorted accommodation yet? I'd rather live with other post-grads and all my friends in sheffield will be starting jobs (they hope) next year
Reply 96
5-9 Bedroom House available next to Collegiate Campus (within walkin distance of City Campus) and close to Sheffield Uni! Takes groups and individuals!!
62 Broomgrove Road, Sheffield, S10 2NA
All Double Bedrooms
£68 per week
Bills not included
1st July 2011 to 30th June 2012
Nice house in a safe and pleasant area to live in.
Contact - 07540054377
Reply 97
I haven't sorted out accommodation either (PGCE Life long learning sector for me in September!) They have told me that I won't find out what I have until I get my results (29th June) which seems a bit silly to me.

I applied for halls because I'm quite organized and don't mind noise too much (lived with first years my whole three years here in Hull) but it would be nice to live with other post-grads.
Reply 98
Hey guys, you all ready for the induction day on Monday? :smile:
Reply 99
Heyy :smile: just wondering if anyone has had any information on whats going to be happening on the induction day on monday? Is there anything we need to prepare for? I got my 2:1 last week so will definately be doing the course next year!! see you monday x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending