Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly. After it has been processed, we will send you a welcome letter and a booklet in the post; they will explain what happens next. Once you have the letter, you can log in to Track at ucas.com to check the progress of your application. Log in with the Personal ID on your welcome letter as this number may have changed since sending your application.

Ok basically my app was sent today at 14:21, do you know how long the letter takes to come and how long it takes for universities to actually receive my application.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The letter takes 3-5 days to arrive, whilst I'm not too sure when the universities receive it. Some will send you an acknowledgement when they have receieved it though and are telling you they're in the process of considering it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, I had just be happy if universities would receive it before the end of the week.

ReputationRep:
    These sorts of things vary and I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to UCAS if I were you. That said, it took about a week and a half for me to get my information package through once I'd completed the initial processes. Good luck with your chosen universities and getting a place though, OP.

ReputationRep:
    It can vary. Mine was processed by UCAS about two hours after I sent it, and I was receiving acknowledgements from universities the next morning. I got the letter about a week after.

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice . just seems UCAS are just unreliable as hell.

*edit* By the way, you mean received by Uni's within 2 hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarce2324)
    Ah nice . just seems UCAS are just unreliable as hell.

*edit* By the way, you mean received by Uni's within 2 hours?
    I assumed that when they said it was processed, that meant that it had been forwarded to the uni's.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was sent to UCAS 3 - nearly 4 days ago and it's still 'processing'.....getting terribly impatient.

ReputationRep:
    Ah the joy, I hate these kind of posts lol.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It takes 24-48 hours for ucas to process it, and that's when unis receive it - but it will take longer before they actually look at it. The welcome letter can take up to 2 weeks to arrive (and even longer if you need to add time for international post).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    It takes 24-48 hours for ucas to process it, and that's when unis receive it - but it will take longer before they actually look at it. The welcome letter can take up to 2 weeks to arrive (and even longer if you need to add time for international post).
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.