Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently studying history Edexcel AS privately ( I don't go to college) and I'm aiming to get an A. I was planning on doing past papers later on this month but I have no idea on how to mark them as the answers for history aren't so specific. Does anyone have any solutions or tips regarding this dilemma? Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yukonstudent)
    Hi I'm currently studying history Edexcel AS privately ( I don't go to college) and I'm aiming to get an A. I was planning on doing past papers later on this month but I have no idea on how to mark them as the answers for history aren't so specific. Does anyone have any solutions or tips regarding this dilemma? Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure about your exam board as we use AQA, but when we mark exam questions, or go over the paper, we use two sheets from the AQA website:

- One is a level-marking guide i.e concerning structure, language, evidence used, making arguments etc. This is used for ALL exam questions of the same maximum mark

-The second is specific to that question and is called indicative content, i.e. the actual points the candidate could/should have raised.

Combined together you get an idea how well your essay was written.

Basically have a dig round the edexcel website!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.