Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

has anybody heard anything from JOMEC or for English Lit?

I'm applying for English lit with cultural criticism, Journalism with cultural criticism, and the straight Journalism degree.

I hateeeee waiting for replies!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do the Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies one and from what I've heard, it sounds great!
    Be patient, they took a lot of time for my application last year ( I have taken a gap year).

ReputationRep:
    Ooo nice, what have you done on your gap year? Hmm I know patience is a virtue and all but I've had offers back from my 2 backups and now it's just Cardiff, Cardiff, Cardiff! What grades did they offer you the place with?

ReputationRep:
    In fact, I'm French, so I didn't pass A levels ^^
    It's difficult to explain what I'm doing now since it doesn't exist in the UK, it's a kind of school for preparing exams for entering prestigious schools, but I'm only here for the culture... it's very difficult but I'm really enjoying it.
    I know, I'm not working or travelling as every body does during a gap year...but it will help me to study in the UK

Have you got an answer from Cardiff now ?

ReputationRep:
    Wow that sounds awesome! Nope, still no reply.. it's killing me! I'm turning into a stalker, everyday I check the internet for any signs of anyone else getting places, I want it so bad! So are you fluent in both English and French then? And you want to be a journalist as a career? Hopefully I'll see you next year at Cardiff!

ReputationRep:
    Haha be patient, they're kinda slow...I've just checked when I received my answer last year and it was in late February >.< and the official answer on UCAS was in March. Don't know if it will be the same...but if you don't have any answer in January, send an e-mail
    Hope to see you there !!

ReputationRep:
    Be patient guys, consider there are festivities in between...
    However you made a great choice with JOMEC. Remember to always follow their recommendations and comments on your essays and tests, and you will make the most out of that experience.
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Applying for journalism, had offers from Chester, Northumbria, Sunderland and Huddersfield

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply for Cardiff also?? And dshadow did you go to either Cardiff uni or Jomec? I know I made a great choice already haha it's just waiting to find out if I've been accepted or not! I'll be devastated if so!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for English lit., and I've heard nothing so far sad times!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.