Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good evening Mr Willetts,

I am a student supporter of the current Higher Education policy. Although I do not find it desirable, I do understand that we cannot afford to ringfence HE against cuts - and I much prefer this to the proposals for a 'graduate tax' - one which I would believe to be not progressive and against aspiration. However, I do have two misgivings with the policy.

1. Can you elucidate for me what the universities about to charge at the £9000 rate will have to do to qualify for charging this amount? I find 'make their universities more accessible' to be slightly vague over an issue that is currently so rousing.

2. Nick Clegg recently stated that graduates who do well quickly from their degrees will not be able to 'cash that in' for a 'fast exit' to the tuition fees system. Would graduates be 'locked into' their repayments, and at what level would be the maximum capital repayment per year?

I thank you in advance for any reply to these questions.

Kind regards,

AskMeAnything

ReputationRep:
    I hesitate to do so, but I'm going to bump this topic because I really want this answered.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.