The Student Room Group

A Level Maths

Do you think I should pick Maths as a subject for AS ? I get mostly B's in my GCSE's , but I have to do revision and extra work to get it to a B . Do you think I should pick Maths along with Biology, Chem & Physics ?

Does it matter which exam board it is aswell ? Some say Edexcel is easier to AQA .
Reply 1
If you struggled at GCSE I wouldn't take it to be honest, unless it is relavent to what you want to do at university.
Reply 2
Original post by Tayberry
Do you think I should pick Maths as a subject for AS ? I get mostly B's in my GCSE's , but I have to do revision and extra work to get it to a B . Do you think I should pick Maths along with Biology, Chem & Physics ?

Does it matter which exam board it is aswell ? Some say Edexcel is easier to AQA .

Take Maths, it's a nice A-Level and will help with physics.
I wouldn't care about exam boards - after all, it's still a GCE :smile:
Reply 3
It depends on what you want to do at uni. If you need it for the course you want to do, then you need to take it. However, seeing as you're struggling with it so much I don't think it sounds like a good idea to take it. If you don't need it for your course, I would pick a subject you enjoy, or something you've never done before (eg. politics, psychology, sociology)
Reply 4
Original post by Tayberry

Of course you can do it! Even to AS! I mean, albeit, it takes work no matter what; whether a person has received an A*/A/B. A B-grade is normally the absolute minimum for Maths AS, and it would not be as such if were not possible to pass the subject.

Have fun with your other subjects. They look similarly academically rigorous.
Work hard :smile:.

Joey.

Quick Reply

Latest