This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
"Why must a 3 level lasing system be pumped with light at a higher frequency than coherent light emitted by the laser"

any ideas anyone?
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
"Why must a 3 level lasing system be pumped with light at a higher frequency than coherent light emitted by the laser"

any ideas anyone?
Dunno what a 3 level lasing system is, but, higher frequency = higher energy photons. The photons promote the electrons to a metastable state. They then drop into an energy level below this energy level which produces the coherant light? Just a guess, I think im on the right lines though, whats this for, AS or A2??
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Dunno what a 3 level lasing system is, but, higher frequency = higher energy photons. The photons promote the electrons to a metastable state. They then drop into an energy level below this energy level which produces the coherant light? Just a guess, I think im on the right lines though, whats this for, AS or A2??
engineering 1st year of degree exam on monday
larsulph
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

any ideas anyone?

Hi ya, was just browsing to answer the above question and found that there is also someone else trying to do the same question. Then i realise its the exact same one from a student in his first year at exeter!!! I'm in your year group. .......you cheeky git posting homework on the net....respect. LOL....i like the style.
give us an email when you have the answer at [email protected] (Im Lars by the way - i throw paper in lectures!!!!!!! )

Lars
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by larsulph)
Hi ya, was just browsing to answer the above question and found that there is also someone else trying to do the same question. Then i realise its the exact same one from a student in his first year at exeter!!! I'm in your year group. .......you cheeky git posting homework on the net....respect. LOL....i like the style.
give us an email when you have the answer at [email protected] (Im Lars by the way - i throw paper in lectures!!!!!!! )

Lars
Aah - the wonders of google
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads