The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2011 Applicant's thread (Accounting and Finance)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
my college sent myn off on 28/11 :frown: can sum1 telme wen am i most likely to get offer?? cos i chek it 2wice daily! :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 81
Original post by kmansick
my college sent myn off on 28/11 :frown: can sum1 telme wen am i most likely to get offer?? cos i chek it 2wice daily! :frown:

don't bother checking everyday, you will only hear on a friday. any likely to be closer to march.
Reply 82
Original post by Snoopp
well thats rude, first of all I don't have ADD and second of all I did actually get an offer.

Wow it's funny how they say, the offer may be reassessed if you are not paying the oversees fees which are four time higher than the home ones. But congratulations nonetheless, I am sure it was well deserved.
Reply 83
Original post by 108
don't bother checking everyday, you will only hear on a friday. any likely to be closer to march.

WOWWWW marchh!!! hope its worth the wait :frown:
Reply 84
Hey guys!
Am new to tsr! Hello evry1!!!

Congrats to all who've recd their offers already!

I applied around 20th dec..Will have to wait tl feb at least I guess......
Any clue how much weightage GMAT has?
I screwed my Gmat(650-Q49 V31:angry:) AWA5.5. Jst screwed it!!!!! Aaaaaaaarrrgggghhh!:mad:

This entire period is so full of anxiety! Its good 2 have ppl around you sailing in the same boat!
Though I hv smhow managed to control myself from tracking my app everyday! :smile:

Have fun!
Reply 85
My A2 grades are AAA.
Unconditional offers so far from Bath, Durham, Exeter. Waiting from LSE and Warwick. Very keen to go to LSE! Cant wait for their decision.

Not acknowledge from the LSE, not sure whether this means anything...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 86
I havent heard anything back from LSE either...
Applied end of october for accounting and finance...

predictions AAB
Reply 87
What do you guys think is the ideal combination of subjects for Accounting and Finance?

I thinks Mathematics, Economics and a Science or another Social Study is perfect and Further Maths at AS Level...
Reply 88
Id say its Maths, further maths, economics, accounting and a science....
Reply 89
I know acc is black listed subject but its useful in telling them that u like the subject...
Reply 90
Its good to have maths but you should also do business studies as i learnt a lot of accounting as one of my modules... the 3rd one dont think it really matters.. anything varied. Economics would be good, or sociology whatever!
Reply 91
bus studies is treated as an even bigger joke than accounting... most unis think its in the same league as general studies...
Reply 92
I thought they preferred you having not done ANY accounting before doing the course?
Reply 93
yeah but its still better than business studies.... u can use it on ur ps.....
Reply 94
Was yesterday really "Rejection Friday"?
Reply 95
no.
Reply 96
So there's no such thing? :biggrin:
Reply 97
Original post by Nibbl3s
So there's no such thing? :biggrin:

there is such a thing, but LSE were sorting out all the applications since the jan 15th deadline just passed.

Either they are going to hand out those rejections on monday, which happened last year, or next friday more decisions will be made, either rejection or offers, nobody knows.

what are your predicted grades , AS Levels and GCSEs btw?
Reply 98
Waiting for LSE reply still
Offers from: Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Soton (unconditional)
Already got: A*AB
Predicted: AAAa
Reply 99
IMO the perfect combination of subjects is Mathematics, Further Maths (shows you are clever) and definitely History. History is a hard subject which improves your understanding about the world, politics, improves argumentation and evaluation as well as your writing skills. I think that having A grades at these subjects would put your application in the strongest positions at most of the courses. Anyone disagree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending