The Student Room Group

Credit Suisse Grad Programs - Online Tests

I've just applied to the CS Alternative Investments program.

Although nothing was mentioned about online tests on the main website, just before I submitted my application it suddenly tells me I've got to do online tests immediately after submission. Then, when I clicked send, a pop-up came up saying something like 'Please click okay to start the tests' - or words to that effect - but then nothing happened. It says my application has been sent for consideration now but I'm left feeling rather confused!

Any ideas what I should do? The deadline is tomorrow so there's not really time to contact CS.

Thanks,
MS
Reply 1
You can do up to 3 applications. If there is a problem with this application, why not try submitting another one?
Reply 2
Hi there, you get 2 tests numerical and verbal ..i am at the numerical stage.

Does anyone know how many questions there are whether its SHL ? Thanks
You have to do them immediately after submission?!
Reply 4
I've actually submitted three now. Thinking perhaps I didn't need to do any tests after all, I submitted my second application (for another program) very late at night, completely unprepared for a test - and then it loaded up one! The numerical questions seemed simple enough but I only got through a quarter of the questions - not great for a physics grad! I was just really tired and only had a basic calculator.

I decided to apply for a third program tonight, and this time got well prepared to do some tests, then it didn't ask me to do any! All I can think of is that some programs have online tests and others don't, but it is a bit confusing (unless I am just very tired right now..).

This is what it says on the application form (generic to all applications), just before you click submit -

"Please be aware that as soon as you submit your application you will be required to sit our online assessments. This is your only opportunity to complete these assessments. Online assessments can not be completed at another time. If you chose to ignore these tests, or close your browser at any point before the tests have been completed, no test score will be recorded and you will have failed this stage in the selection process. Online assessments can not be retaken. Before submitting your application please ensure: - You are in a quiet place with good internet connection and no distractions. - You have at least two hours of time set aside to sit the online assessments. - You have practiced taking tests of this nature. Advice on taking online assessments and opportunities to practice can be found on our website under the application process section for each of our programs. - You have paper, a pen and a calculator available."
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MissSurfer

I've actually submitted three now. Thinking perhaps I didn't need to do any tests after all, I submitted my second application (for another program) very late at night, completely unprepared for a test - and then it loaded up one! The numerical questions seemed simple enough but I only got through a quarter of the questions - not great for a physics grad! I was just really tired and only had a basic calculator.

I decided to apply for a third program tonight, and this time got well prepared to do some tests, then it didn't ask me to do any! All I can think of is that some programs have online tests and others don't, but it is a bit confusing (unless I am just very tired right now..).

This is what it says on the application form (generic to all applications), just before you click submit -

"Please be aware that as soon as you submit your application you will be required to sit our online assessments. This is your only opportunity to complete these assessments. Online assessments can not be completed at another time. If you chose to ignore these tests, or close your browser at any point before the tests have been completed, no test score will be recorded and you will have failed this stage in the selection process. Online assessments can not be retaken. Before submitting your application please ensure: - You are in a quiet place with good internet connection and no distractions. - You have at least two hours of time set aside to sit the online assessments. - You have practiced taking tests of this nature. Advice on taking online assessments and opportunities to practice can be found on our website under the application process section for each of our programs. - You have paper, a pen and a calculator available."

What did you apply for the third time?
Has anyone heard back from CS yet?

Oh, I just submitted my second application, and the tests didn't load this time! :s-smilie:
Reply 8
I had the same problem and emailed them. But I worked out how to fix it before they replied. It was probably due to a pop-up blocker on your browser. When I clicked on start the tests it said a pop-up had been blocked, so I pressed display the pop-up but nothing happened.

To fix it, all I did was type in the first few letters of the web address I was on and it comes up with a list of addresses you have visited. As I had clicked on the OK button to show the test page, even though it didnt load, the web address was stored in the browser memory.

So I went through each of the links until I found the one that worked.

Unfortunately this doesnt help you as you have clearly closed your browser and submitted new applications since then.
Reply 9
I filled out the application and submitted, straight after which I was asked to complete the tests.

Completed the numerical, followed by the verbal. When I completed the verbal, I clicked submit and I was then re-directed to the CS homepage...

Not sure if this is an error? I was expecting a "thanks for completing tests" message

Anyone get the same?

Silly system they use..... they should use the systems like JPM, RBS et al
Original post by OverExposed

Does anyone have any idea what the passmark is?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending