Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How common are the slightly more nerdily inclined in exeter university? Is it as established a group of people as in other universities?

ReputationRep:
    There is a nerd fighters scene there. I know this, man.

ReputationRep:
    The nerdily inclined?

ReputationRep:
    Nerdy girls are usually hotties.

ReputationRep:
    anybody srsly?

ReputationRep:
    There's a Science Fiction society and a Tolkien society...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arob752)
    Are you like a student ambassador or something?
    No, just, erm, wise with the ways of the Force. And lacking anything better to do! (Also I have this awful compulsion to answer questions if people ask them. I drive my friends crazy Googling things they happened to ask rhetorical questions about. Answering people's actual questions on here is a good way of getting it out of my system with the minimum possible fuss and inconvenience, and hopefully being at least mildly helpful at the same time!)

ReputationRep:
    How nerdy is nerdily inclined?

ReputationRep:
    Nowhere, not even Oxbridge can beat the nerdiness of UCL. Seriously they are like rats in their computer cluster dungeons. I have never seen people looking so nerdy in my life. I remember on open day, there was this guy with a big jewfro, round glasses, thick vermillion sweater, and massive jack-ups in his jeans coupled with tacky white trainers. I will never forget when soon after on the same day I saw this ultra nerdy looking guy pored over 2 laptops and a pile of books through a window while outside it was nice and sunny with hot girls frolicking around.add that to the maths jokes we used to tell for entertainment in the kitchen..

Actually I just remembered Imperial. While I have never actually seen any nerds there I have heard stories....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persipan)
    There's a Science Fiction society and a Tolkien society...
    Okay

does that mean there are a lot of nerdily inclined people around then?

(Original post by pheegee)
    How nerdy is nerdily inclined?
    quite inclined in being a nerd, yes

ReputationRep:
    Cos you see, Im nerdily inclined enough to hold a conversation about gaming, fantasy novels, some interesting parts of physics or even star trek, but not nerdily inclined enough to be held back in conversations that are about... well... non nerdy things. So I wondered if I was nerdily inclined enough for whatever this may be.

ReputationRep:
    However nerdy it will be, i can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a nerd and proud!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheegee)
    Cos you see, Im nerdily inclined enough to hold a conversation about gaming, fantasy novels, some interesting parts of physics or even star trek, but not nerdily inclined enough to be held back in conversations that are about... well... non nerdy things. So I wondered if I was nerdily inclined enough for whatever this may be.
    :hugs::hugs::jumphug:

juuust nerdily inclined enough fo sho!

(Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!)
    However nerdy it will be, i can't wait!
    (Original post by lollington-mccoy)
    I'm a nerd and proud!
    :horse::dance::dancing::crazy::crazy:

yash! go nerds <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axavil)
    :hugs::hugs::jumphug:

juuust nerdily inclined enough fo sho!

:horse::dance::dancing::crazy::crazy:

yash! go nerds <3
    :bumps:

ReputationRep:
    This has to be the most epic thread that Exeter has ever, EVER produced :badger:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollington-mccoy)
    :bumps:
    (Original post by NW-CG)
    This has to be the most epic thread that Exeter has ever, EVER produced :badger:
    OMG!
    I love u guys :love:

exeter is gonnna be so cool!

ReputationRep:
    What subjects are you all doing?

ReputationRep:
    psychology!
    and here's the nerdy bit!

ive wanted to do psychology since i was little cuz i always wanted telepathy as a superpower :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axavil)
    psychology!
    and here's the nerdy bit!

ive wanted to do psychology since i was little cuz i always wanted telepathy as a superpower :love:
    Same! Um... apart from the superpower bit. I just found Freud funny when my brother took it...

But yeah, what i'm basically saying is that I'm also taking Psychology.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.