Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's the reason for YOU wanting to become a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome-ness)
    What's the reason for YOU wanting to become a doctor?
    Personally, I like Biology, particularly human physiology and pathology. I like seeing how it all fits together and I find the workings of the human body very elegant. I like working with people and being able to make a difference and help them out in some way. I want a job that's varied, doesn't leave me stuck behind a desk all day, lets me use my people skills and brain and I love that medicine changes so quickly so you need to keep reading up on the latest developments. However, you need to think about why you think medicine is the career for you. Because if you don't believe in it, the interviewers will see right through you, however good at acting you think you are. Also, if it doesn't come from the heart it will sound fake, you won't be able to be quizzed from it and you're liable to stumble over your words when you get nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Chicks, money, power and chicks.

ReputationRep:
    Yes why do people want to become doctors and extend people's lives?

Everybody is eventually going to meet me anyway. Why don't you just make my job quicker? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    because scrubs look cool and are amazing comfortable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.