Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just found out that I recieved an offer from Anglia Ruskin for optometry but it says "ABB, Grades AB must come from Biology and Chemistry. " for the required grades. Does this mean I have to get an A in Biology or can I get an A in chemistry and a B in Biology instead? Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killmepls)
    I just found out that I recieved an offer from Anglia Ruskin for optometry but it says "ABB, Grades AB must come from Biology and Chemistry. " for the required grades. Does this mean I have to get an A in Biology or can I get an A in chemistry and a B in Biology instead? Thank You
    First of all, :five: to a potential fellow ARU optometrist!

I would say that means you can achieve the AB in any combination within biology and chemistry (A for biology and B for chemistry, or vice versa), because otherwise it would have said 'including grades A in biology and B in chemistry'.

However, if in doubt, phone the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Just means that out of the three subjects in which you get ABB, two of those subjects should be Biology and Chemistry. I don't think it matters which subject you get an A in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    First of all, :five: to a potential fellow ARU optometrist!

I would say that means you can achieve the AB in any combination within biology (A for biology and B for chemistry, or vice versa), because otherwise it would have said 'including grades A in biology and B in chemistry'.

However, if in doubt, phone the uni. Shame I just saw this now, had a lecture with the admissions tutor a few hours ago, could have asked him...
    Thanks for that, I am really worried about Biology it's such a hard subject not sure if I can get an A so I had to ask lol. I will try phoning them tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that, I am really worried about Biology it's such a hard subject not sure if I can get an A so I had to ask lol. I will try phoning them tomorrow morning
    You're welcome.

Like I say, I would not interpret that as having to achieve an A in biology, but if in doubt, it's best to confirm it.

If you ever have any questions about optometry at ARU, send me a PM. Where else have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome.

Like I say, I would not interpret that as having to achieve an A in biology, but if in doubt, it's best to confirm it.

If you ever have any questions about optometry at ARU, send me a PM. Where else have you applied to?
    Applied to Manchester, Aston, London City and Cardiff
    You are in the 2nd year right? I will drop you a pm later.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Manchester, Aston, London City and Cardiff
    You are in the 2nd year right? I will drop you a pm later.
    Got any offers back from them yet?

Yes, I am in second year, and I'll look forward to your PM.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome.

Hi

I was wondering if you could help, do you know if anglia ruskin give conditional offers without inviting students to interviews?

because my friend got a conditional offer to anglia ruskin without getting called to interview, but he was invited to an open day. is this normal?

Also is this open day specific for students with offers for ARU or is it an open day for the whole country?

Thanks for your help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.