Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got AAB offers from both but really don't know which one to go for! I don't know whether to base my decision on the city, university or actual course.. arrgh!

ReputationRep:
    They're all important factors. Both universities have good reputations and are good for politics.
    Have you looked at both courses for similarities/ differences that might sway you significantly?
    Personally I love Birmingham as a uni and a city

ReputationRep:
    Leeds

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Birmingham, and I personally think that as a city it'd be a fantastic place to go to Uni.

The only reason I'm not applying here is because I want to go away from home.

I have no idea about courses, but apparently the Universities are of about equal rank.

ReputationRep:
    I'd look carefully at the course content and the differences between them in things like compulsory modules, and whether you can take your electives in other subjects (if that's something you're interested in). Both are equally good universities and fun cities, with good student lifestyles.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how you like your winters. It's absolutely freezing in Birmingham, which means that Leeds must be like the Arctic Circle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeee!)
    Got AAB offers from both but really don't know which one to go for! I don't know whether to base my decision on the city, university or actual course.. arrgh!
    At Birmingham all POLSIS first year students take the same core modules (regardless of degree choice) where as the Leeds course is more flexible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.