Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I believe that english is the subject which i am going to find most difficult to get a high grade in.

I only managed a 2 at SG, and i am determined to boost myself to a B/A.

Can You please provide some advice on which books etc i should buy to boost all aspects of my english ? , i struggle most with close reading

Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

I heard the " how to pass " book is good?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

First off, the great news is you are finding the most straightforward and predictable part of the exam hardest (close reading) , you would not believe the number of people moaning about how difficult doing the essays is.

Higher English Revision Notes Leckie and Leckie
    Higher English Course Notes Leckie and Leckie
    Higher English How to Pass (they have close reading and critical essay ones) brilliant buy
    Also, Higher English Grade Booster is a godsend, my tutor personally recommended it.

SO IMPORTANT IS TO BUY A COPY OF YOUR PLAY AND NOVEL (ESSENTIAL TO MARK AND WIRTE IN IT)

Feel free to PM me at any time if you need help. I got a Grade A 70% which I am so proud of, so I really can help .

Good Luck and Best Wishes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah i will come to you for some advice when i need it

The " How to pass " and " Grade Booster " seem to be most popular from my reading around

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had 'How to Pass', which I found useful for close reading

ReputationRep:
    My school's page on Higher English.

Happy birthday! The teacher who did all this no longer teaches classes, I think. She does ACME, and public speaking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    My school's page on Higher English.

Happy birthday! The teacher who did all this no longer teaches classes, I think. She does ACME, and public speaking.
    The linked website looks fantastic, thank you very much for posting it! I can see it being of great help to me and many others.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.