Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

A couple of years ago I graduated with a Masters from the LSE and have been teaching sixth form since. I am considering studying something on the side to move my career forward.

I have been considering law, however they are some grey areas that I was hoping to get some opinions on.

I believe that I need to complete a GDL before proceeding to either an LPC or Barrister training. I have been told by some people that taking up the distance or online GDL program from BPP is fine, and is easily completed. Does anyone have any experience with this? How tough would it be studying on your own?

As I would need to continue working along with doing my GDL, I cant really hope to get any legal work experience any time soon, which would probably not help me get a training contract. Is it unheard of people completing their GDL+LPC and then finding work or would I be left stranded?

Appreciate the feedback!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.