Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keeping warm and dry in the freezing snowy weather? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just to see everyones hints and tips for keeping extra warm in this freezing wintery weather

ReputationRep:
    Long Johns, hot water bottles, gloves, mufflers, hand warmers, leg warmers and electric heaters

ReputationRep:
    as many tampons as possible in at one time

ReputationRep:
    tog socks :teeth: (ok, that's not their proper name but they're rated 2.4 tog) I got a pair from Peacocks and love them! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LADIES-GIRLS-F...854bb5ff2d1df3

ReputationRep:
    Layers. Lots of them.

ReputationRep:
    Fleece lined hoodies.

ReputationRep:
    layers! tights and leggings keep you surprisingly warm. Also loose clothes so that there is enough air to keep you warm.

ReputationRep:
    Uniqlo heattech leggings.

ReputationRep:
    Layers -- As well as looking great as a fashion statement, it keeps you warm ^_^

Long knitted cardigans -- I think I'm on a roll collecting these. You can get them for pretty decent prices, too.

Vests - I don't wear anything before I wear my vest You can get thermal ones as well, I don't know if they're any good though, £2 ones from Primark do me!

Tights - Two at a time, please. Tights + leggings also works. I'm sick of having to wear trousers all the time, and this is a nice fix.

Knee-high boots - I wear mine all the time! Get a pair with good grip on them though, otherwise you're doomed in the ice!

Hat -- Mine is from TopShop and it's wonderful. Get a hat in a neutral colour and it'll go with anything.

Gloves - Nice leather ones, perfect for hurling snowballs!

ReputationRep:
    Get ye some thermal vests!!!
    I've also taken to wearing tights under leggings and leggings under jeans XD

ReputationRep:
    definitely good footwear like boots

ReputationRep:
    Layers.

ReputationRep:
    What I tend to do, I have these things called clothes and I wear a lot of them. Dunno about you lot but it keeps me warm!!!

ReputationRep:
    Stay dry so waterproofs head to toe if it is raining/snowing, if you get wet and don't have the opportunity to change for a while you will get very cold quickly. Waterproof coat and trousers works wonders. If you are going to be stood outside all day in the rain/snow then get expensive ones that won't gradually soak through, mine are getting on a bit now so although they keep me pretty dry, the lower arms and legs do start to get moist on the inside after a while.

Layers to trap heat. A good fleece works wonders! Whilst it's icy/snowy I will only wear my hiking boots outside. Wear a hat, you lose more heat through your head than you think.

Walk fast/keep moving, uses energy, creates heat in your body and will keep you warm.

ReputationRep:
    "There is no such as bad weather, only bad clothing".. One of my favourite sayings.

Layers! Wear a good warm(waterproof/windproof) jacket, extra socks, good warm boots, warm sweater(or fleece etc over the sweater again), extra layer under your trousers, gloves, something warm on your head.

ReputationRep:
    Indoors I wear my dressing gown (in my room only though :mmm:) on top of all my clothes, radiator on full blast, curtains closed, water bottle, electric blanket, bed socks.

Outdoors I wear a ski jacket (so lovely and warm, and wind and water proof too), scarf, gloves and boots.

ReputationRep:
    Thermals all the way and layering x

ReputationRep:
    Like everyone has said, layers. My wardrobe is made up of short-sleeved t-shirts so I improvised and put legwarmers over my arms to mimic long sleeves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Indoors I wear my dressing gown (in my room only though :mmm:) on top of all my clothes, radiator on full blast, curtains closed, water bottle, electric blanket, bed socks.

Outdoors I wear a ski jacket (so lovely and warm, and wind and water proof too), scarf, gloves and boots.
    Be careful with water bottle and electric blanket.

Layers and more layers will be your friend, good shoes to keep feet away from the snow, I'm normally a heel/wedge person but this snow is causing chaos. Thin layers and lot of them are better than thick. A good fitting thermal base layer will be the best, they should be like a second skin in order to work best

ReputationRep:
    Makes you look like a chav slightly - but long socks over jeans/trackies/leggings whatever with boots. Keeps your feet very toasty and adds a lot of warmth!

Primark have these fab slouch socks, just under the knee in length and so so so thick and warm - only a £1 as well baragain! I have about 6 pairs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.