Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Laptop A :

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavi...87062-pdt.html

Now the advantage of this is that it is realy nice and portable so easy for me to carry it to uni everyday. HOWEVER the reviews say that the graphics card aint that good. Now i aint that hardcore of a gamer but just wondering whether if this laptop can play call of duty black ops ? I was looking at the minimum specs here n cudnt work out :

https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-...i=&p_topview=1

If not then what about this one ? :

Laptop B

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavi...71824-pdt.html

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Much better laptops you could be getting for 700 quid, especially if you want to play black ops. That is a bit of a top end game.. kinda.
    Look more at the sticky on the buying guide and stuff, then look at some of the examples and use the websites they use to find your own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Much better laptops you could be getting for 700 quid, especially if you want to play black ops. That is a bit of a top end game.. kinda.
    Look more at the sticky on the buying guide and stuff, then look at some of the examples and use the websites they use to find your own

The thing is mate that my mate works at pcworld/currys n can get me a discount Thats y i'm lookin to get one from there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizz_kid)
    The thing is mate that my mate works at pcworld/currys n can get me a discount Thats y i'm lookin to get one from there!
    Hmm thats fair enough then i guess =]
    Just saying, pc world and currys arent the best places to get laptops from, but i suppose if you do get a discount then it isnt too bad =]

Then.. its hard.
    The second one, the one with 100 off.. would be better for gaming, bigger screen.. better graphics. double the amount of RAM , frankly 6gb ram seems a lot for that price =]

Plus the other one looks better but still xD

But. its over half a kilo heavier, plus with the added screen size, may make it annoying for taking around every day.

Do you know a lot of people with laptops? ask around and try to find one the same size, and preferably around the same weight.. as the dv6-3150sa one .. and if you think you can 'deal with' taking that around every day.

ReputationRep:
    You may go with second one. Because i find more compatibility compare to first one. Also its has latest processor and upgraded RAM in it. At last it is your choice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.