Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Talktalk broadband NIGHTMARE!!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone

I'm having a nightmare here, we moved from a really poor Orange connection (20kbps download speed :confused:) to TalkTalk. Were still on our 30 day trial and since we started out on it its been Great! 1.0mb of download speed, and its super fast. Perfect right?

Well...

On friday I noticed the ADSL light on my Echolife router was flashing and I couldnt connect, so I left it when I went to college and tried when I got home and it was still the same. And ever since friday my connection has been dropping out for about 2 hours at a time. My computer connects ok to the router wirelessly but the router just seems to drop out out connection, the ADSL light is flashing and no internet light?? It will do this about 5 times a day and its infruriating! :mad:

Then about 20 minutes ago the router came back online but my computer and the other 2 in my house couldn't detect the router wirelessly? :confused:

Is anyone else having this problem with TalkTalk??

ReputationRep:
    Just unplug your router for 10second replug in and it will be fine. Ive never found a premenant solution to the problem however this work fine everytime it drops the connection (or if talktalk start throattling you).

might be worth mentioning my old d-link router works better than a new netgear one that is back in its box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Just unplug your router for 10second replug in and it will be fine. Ive never found a premenant solution to the problem however this work fine everytime it drops the connection (or if talktalk start throattling you).

might be worth mentioning my old d-link router works better than a new netgear one that is back in its box
    I've tried this but no good usually =/

ReputationRep:
    Talk to Talktalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple_head)
    I've tried this but no good usually =/
    Try borrowing someone else router as i said my netgear one does this 24/7 where as the d-link one only does it every few weeks.

Might be worth giving talktalk a ring as it seem like a common problem on their service so they have an easy fix, im just to lazy to spend half an hour on the phone to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    Talk to Talktalk
    Well my parents just did but they got fed up with them and gave up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Try borrowing someone else router as i said my netgear one does this 24/7 where as the d-link one only does it every few weeks.

Might be worth giving talktalk a ring as it seem like a common problem on their service so they have an easy fix, im just to lazy to spend half an hour on the phone to them.
    Like I said to the guy beneath me, we tried to talk to TalkTalk, but gave up becuase they're useless

I still have the old Wanadoo router if that will work?

ReputationRep:
    Like I said to the guy beneath me, we tried to talk to TalkTalk, but gave up becuase they're useless

I still have the old Wanadoo router if that will work?
    Try it seriously older routers seem to work better, i havent found a router bought in the last year that will work with bloody talktalk roll on BT infinity

ReputationRep:
    http://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/broad...ould-i-do.html

The above instructions say they should fix most problems.....however if not............................. ............
    According to it these settings will work with the wanadoo router once you've changed the wan mac on the router to the same one of the original

username: number@talktalk.net
    password: (apparently this came with your welcome letter?)
    Multiplexing method: VC-Based
    VPI to 0
    VCI to 38
    MTU: 1432

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone

I'm having a nightmare here, we moved from a really poor Orange connection (20kbps download speed :confused:) to TalkTalk. Were still on our 30 day trial and since we started out on it its been Great! 1.0mb of download speed, and its super fast. Perfect right?

Well...

On friday I noticed the ADSL light on my Echolife router was flashing and I couldnt connect, so I left it when I went to college and tried when I got home and it was still the same. And ever since friday my connection has been dropping out for about 2 hours at a time. My computer connects ok to the router wirelessly but the router just seems to drop out out connection, the ADSL light is flashing and no internet light?? It will do this about 5 times a day and its infruriating! :mad:

Then about 20 minutes ago the router came back online but my computer and the other 2 in my house couldn't detect the router wirelessly? :confused:

Is anyone else having this problem with TalkTalk??
    Thank god there's someone else out there. We've been with tiscali (talk talk) for years now, and up until May it worked perfectly fine, but its an absolute nightmare. It just keeps randomly disconnecting, in fact they cut off our phone line altogether once (well unimpressed). We had huge problem with it over the weekend, similar problem to yours, and even when we got the main computer working my laptop refused to connect. I recommend you do what we're doing atm. Find a new provider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah.bandanna)
    Thank god there's someone else out there. We've been with tiscali (talk talk) for years now, and up until May it worked perfectly fine, but its an absolute nightmare. It just keeps randomly disconnecting, in fact they cut off our phone line altogether once (well unimpressed). We had huge problem with it over the weekend, similar problem to yours, and even when we got the main computer working my laptop refused to connect. I recommend you do what we're doing atm. Find a new provider.
    Well our 30 day trial period ends tommorow, so were debating whether to move to BT, as much as its better than my previous provider, whats the point if it dont work most of the time :P

ReputationRep:
    Well our 30 day trial period ends tommorow, so were debating whether to move to BT, as much as its better than my previous provider, whats the point if it dont work most of the time :P
    Its free, about the only good thing about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.