Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Londoners! Where's the best place for me to live? Watch

I'm seriously considering moving to London next year. I'd love to live near Camden, but I hear it's now a lot more expensive than it used to be. I've had a look at Gumtree but London is so huge I don't know where to start.

I don't mind living in a slightly less desirable area, I just want an adventure and want to move to London. Can anyone suggest anywhere?

EDIT: Btw my budget is the bare minimum. No more than £100 pw if possible.

ReputationRep:
    The only person I know who's moved to central is my brother, who lived in Shoreditch- disgustingly trendy, east end, used to be rough but is shaping up and not horrifically expensive.

Otherwise, I live in South West and it's really nice here.

ReputationRep:
    depends what u want from the area, where you'll be working, what tube or bus lines you'd rather be near or if you drive / have a car are you going to need parking as can be very ver expensive... are u looking to flatshare or alone? is that with bills or without? londoner through n through PM me if u need help x

ReputationRep:
    100 pw lol not even a studio flat in hackney comes that cheap and thats jus rent

ReputationRep:
    Look on gumtree for house shares, as above you won't get a studio for that price

ReputationRep:
    North West :cool:

Cuz we is kool blud.

ReputationRep:
    kingston 20min train into central london..

ReputationRep:
    Buckingham Palace.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelle)
    kingston 20min train into central london..
    This :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, even in Mile End you won't get anything for 100 per week....My friend pays 90 and then all his bills on top of that.
    I know its very far out but you'd be more likely to find somewhere to live in that price range in somewhere like Watford, I know lots of people that commute in from there quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Hackney no doubt. But if you can't get a place there, try Forest gay, walthamstow or any other east end. Maybe even peckham and brixton is good.

ReputationRep:
    Your budget is a bit tight, you might have to settle for the less appealing areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happyfeet*)
    North West :cool:

Cuz we is kool blud.
    Na blud s'all bout da Egun7 init. East London Dungeon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I'm seriously considering moving to London next year. I'd love to live near Camden, but I hear it's now a lot more expensive than it used to be. I've had a look at Gumtree but London is so huge I don't know where to start.

I don't mind living in a slightly less desirable area, I just want an adventure and want to move to London. Can anyone suggest anywhere?

EDIT: Btw my budget is the bare minimum. No more than £100 pw if possible.
    would suggest east london it's quite cheap and it has a diverse community which means you can explore and get a real taste of london

ReputationRep:
    Hackeny

/sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    West London :cool:

ReputationRep:
    outer NW is a nice area, e.g. ruislip, harrow etc. plus very fast into central london. also, if you live in hounslow, you're into london very fast on the picadilly line

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh-my-diddy)
    Na blud s'all bout da Egun7 init. East London Dungeon.
    Nahh matee, dun knoww bout Norf Weezy. Brap Brap.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a massively tight budget. You'll almost definitely need to flat/house share.

You could get something good out in Harrow/Kenton/Wembley area (not too desirable)

Or for a bit more you could live in a small flat but nice area maybe Clapham or Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.