Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if a guy looks after a girl when drunk... Watch

...does it mean he probably has feelings for her?

Basically the last time when we were out with a big group, i got drunk and went to the toilet twice - both times my close guy friend came out to find me, sitting outside the door waiting for me... i wasn't seriously drunk or anything and we were all inside a pretty safe building (hard to describe exactly lol) but he seemed kinda genuinely concerned..?

Does this mean anything or am i looking waayyy too much into it (what I'm afraid of!)?

ReputationRep:
    TBH, no. Guys are just naturally very protective of their girl friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    TBH, no. Guys are just naturally very protective of their girl friends.
    This :yes:. It's a possibility that he may have feelings for you. But I wouldn't count on it.

ReputationRep:
    might mean something but then again.... thats not always the answer, maybe he is just a close friend who wanted to make sure you were alright.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who recently spend a fair whack of money and effectively wasted a good evening in ensuring a drunk female friend of mine - who I'm not remotely attracted to - would get home OK, no.

ReputationRep:
    if any of my friends were potentially throwing up in a toilet on a night out, i'd wait outside and be concerned about them whether or not i have feelings for them.

you cant just go abandoning friends

ReputationRep:
    This is weird but reading this thread has made me want a guy who cares :cry2:

Grhhh so unlike me... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i'd say no, just that he cares about you and doesn't want anything bad to happen to you. Or he was bored with the rest of the group.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. Maybe not.
    Impossible to tell. I'd look after my female friends if they were ill (and indeed recently I did) but it don't mean i have any feelings for them beyond friendship.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon he likes you.

ReputationRep:
    Only to see if they poke without you waking up.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't read too much, I think guys feel obliged to be responsible, if they aren't completely smashed out of their heads. In 1st year I ended up losing a few nights out because of girls who had either got really drunk and in a mess or a couple of times I went back because something had happened and one of the girls was upset and wanting to go home but the other girls wouldn't go home with her, so I would get a taxi back or walk them home not because I thought they were incapable of getting back safely themselves but I just thought it was mean leaving an upset girl to go back on her own, so would just go back to keep them company.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, it just shows they care for them as a good friend, if there were those sort of feelings there, they might try and take it a bit further.

ReputationRep:
    I try and look after my mates when they're drunk, male or female. Don't look for something that's not there.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Seems like you like him though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ...does it mean he probably has feelings for her?

Basically the last time when we were out with a big group, i got drunk and went to the toilet twice - both times my close guy friend came out to find me, sitting outside the door waiting for me... i wasn't seriously drunk or anything and we were all inside a pretty safe building (hard to describe exactly lol) but he seemed kinda genuinely concerned..?

Does this mean anything or am i looking waayyy too much into it (what I'm afraid of!)?
    That’s what real friends do. I have done this primarily to ensure that:
    1. They’re OK (meaning that they're not passed out
    2. They’re safe. (from unknowns hitting on them while in this condition)
    Can it mean more? Possibly, but don’t start reading too much into this. I would tell him that you appreciate him keeping an eye out for you when you had been drinking.

Cheers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.