Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls earn more than guys when busking - why? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading on some forums and articles about busking, and it is often mentioned that all other things being equal (time of day, location, instrument/act/songs/whatever, girls earn 2-3x more money than guys while busking.

Why do you think people give more money to girls? I guess it's the same reason people are more eager to help girls in other ways - doing favours here and there. Do you think that people expect they might get laid if they chuck some extra cash to a female busker? That's the only reason I can think of, an expectation that they might win her heart.

There's really no reason to pay a male busker anything, how could it benefit you? But girls might sleep with you.

Do you reckon that explains it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    I've been reading on some forums and articles about busking, and it is often mentioned that all other things being equal (time of day, location, instrument/act/songs/whatever, girls earn 2-3x more money than guys while busking.

Why do you think people give more money to girls? I guess it's the same reason people are more eager to help girls in other ways - doing favours here and there. Do you think that people expect they might get laid if they chuck some extra cash to a female busker? That's the only reason I can think of, an expectation that they might win her heart.

There's really no reason to pay a male busker anything, how could it benefit you? But girls might sleep with you.

Do you reckon that explains it?
    One word: breasts.

ReputationRep:
    Boobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    Do you think that people expect they might get laid if they chuck some extra cash to a female busker??
    This 100%

ReputationRep:
    Because she might smile at them as they give her the money, which is totally worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it obvious?

ReputationRep:
    because if they're violinist they will move around a lot and therefore the boobies will shake :coma::awesome::sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought it was obvious. Although I would like to see stats on the gender of those who give to the busker and how much they give. See if those of the opposite sex of the busker are more likely to give.

ReputationRep:
    who care.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.