Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK so after much pondering and then negotiation I am getting the following deal:

Brand New BMW 3 Series Coupe 2.0L M Sport Diesel w/ Automatic Transmission
    with Leather, Metallic Paint, Bluetooth Prep+Telematics, BMW iDrive/Sat Nav
    for £30,000

Is that a good deal?

ReputationRep:
    No deal. Get an old banger

ReputationRep:
    Why buy a brand new car? What's the point? They're automatically worth a ridiculous amount less the moment they're driven off the forecourt.

If it's what you really want, go for it - your money, your car. I wouldn't personally though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    Why buy a brand new car? What's the point? They're automatically worth a ridiculous amount less the moment they're driven off the forecourt.

If it's what you really want, go for it - your money, your car. I wouldn't personally though.
    If you could spend the same money on another used BMW, what car would you buy?

ReputationRep:
    Sport Diesel w/ Automatic Transmission no deal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    If you could spend the same money on another used BMW, what car would you buy?
    Why BMW?

Get a used Audi RS4, much better car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motorsportUK)
    This.

(Original post by motorsportUK)
      Yep. Worst combination in the world.

Hi from Maidstone too btw.

ReputationRep:
      Go for a less then one year old one and you'll probably save like 7k!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Vazzyb)
      Brand New BMW 3 Series Coupe 2.0L M Sport Diesel w/ Automatic Transmission
      with Leather, Metallic Paint, Bluetooth Prep+Telematics, BMW iDrive/Sat Nav
      for £30,000

Is that a good deal?
      If the insurance costs more than that car, then no.

If you've got more sense than money, get a similar spec car that's pre-owned but nearly new.

ReputationRep:
      There's nothing remotely "sporting" about a diesel.

For what it's worth, assuming the thread isn't the usual troll b/s - check your finance deal. You can normally get a better rate than they offer you first time around. Go for a PCP on a new car. No point in paying over the odds for something that'll be worth about a fiver next year.

ReputationRep:
      I got the SE rather than the M Sport - the diesel has 60 mpg, thats why i wanted it; its also faster than the 320i.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Advisor;28803436[B)
      ]If the insurance costs more than that car, then no.[/B]

If you've got more sense than money, get a similar spec car that's pre-owned but nearly new.

Wont be under my policy.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.