Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Short hair on girls? Yay? Nay? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm going in for the plunge on Saturday and am getting a very short haircut! (pixie cut I think people know it as)

Just a general wondering about peoples opinions on short hair on girls from both guys and gals?

By the way, I'm definatley not changing my mind as i'm donating my hair to the charity little princesses, so, it's for a good cause!

So, is short hair a big yes or a hell no?

Discuss....!

ReputationRep:
    Sweet Christ no.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say yes, but I do have short hair. :p:

I like it, my bf likes it, and no one else's opinion matters to me.

ReputationRep:
    if you're a lesbian its ok

edit; tbh its not ok on lesbians either, its fugly in all circumstances, OP won't get any male attention for about 6 months ITT

ReputationRep:
    Nay, with the exception of Frankie from the Saturdays (even though her's isn't that short).

ReputationRep:
    Generally, nay. Though some women have really disgusting hair, and it looks much better shorter than when they have it down to their arse.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I think very few people have the bone structure to pull off a pixie crop. For instance, even though Emma Watson is generally agreed to be absolutely stunning, somehow, her new haircut doesn't quite work on her.
    Natalie Portman, however, looked beautiful even when she shaved ALL her hair off.

I for one would never ever cut my hair (it's my security blanket!) but what you're doing is for a lovely cause, so I say go for it!

ReputationRep:
    NAY NAY NAY. baddd. I can't stand women with short hair. Sounds shallow but most have long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrandmaster)
    Nay, with the exception of Frankie from the Saturdays (even though her's isn't that short).
    yeah but OP is talking of a Pixie cut, there's a huge difference between this

Which is feminine and nice, and this

Which makes one look like a 10 year old boy

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to have a very pretty face to pull it off - or like a nice defined jaw line maybe...

Like for example Natalie Portman - she looks great with short hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Generally, nay. Though some women have really disgusting hair, and it looks much better shorter than when they have it down to their arse.
    What is wrong with having hair that long? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :yy: from me!

ReputationRep:
    If you look like this -

Then yes :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Short hair on girls can look good but they always look even better when it's longer.

ReputationRep:
    I think some people suit a short haircut so yep it's just a matter of pulling it off.

I'm growing my hair but gonna take a drastic change in getting it cut into a bob after christmas excitement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balface)
    What is wrong with having hair that long? :confused:
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, I was saying if they have really nasty hair, like some women do, it's better short than really long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, I was saying if they have really nasty hair, like some women do, it's better short than really long.
    Ahh I see, apologies...writing three 2,500 word essays is making a lot of stuff not make sense.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    bad bad bad

ReputationRep:
    Hardly anyone can pull it off, in my view. You have to have an exceptional facial bone structure for it to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    Short hair on girls can look good but they always look even better when it's longer.
    Yeah this I think

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.